Lotsa Internet sites are claiming just now that The Insider‘s Lara Spencer already has been chosen to replace Mary Hart as host of Entertainment Tonight. I, too, heard the rumor that Spencer was contractually guaranteed the gig during her last negotiation. But not so fast… “It hasn’t been promised to her. Her people planted that,” an insider tells me. I hear CBS Corp CEO Les Moonves, and CBS Television Distribution President John Nogawski, and ET‘s producers “discussed that she would do The Insider and we would look at her and other candidates outside so there was total transparency.” Spencer might still get the gig: she has that chirpy cheerful quality TV execs choose. But, jeez, who cares? I don’t even know her name. And lame celeb shows like ET are a dime a dozen on the tube these days and suffer from the same blandness.
Don't Name Mary Hart's Replacement Yet
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- IFC Developing Revenge Comedy From Erin Simon & Kim Karp
- Charles Roven's Atlas Artists Adds Tory Howard, Nicholas Todisco To Management Team
- $15M Anti-Semitic, Anti-USA & Gender Bias Lawsuit "Absurd" Says Al Jazeera America CEO
- John Oliver Flunks U.S. Education System Over Its Standardized Test Mania
- Carly Fiorina Announces White House Bid On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!