Even though Justin Bieber these days might be a bigger deal than global warming, An Inconvenient Truth director Davis Guggenheim has dropped out of directing the young singer’s 3D concert film for Paramount Pictures. Guggenheim withdrew last night. I’m being told from all sides that Guggenheim decided he’ll be too busy promoting Waiting For Superman, which Paramount acquired right before Sundance. But I wonder if Guggenheim might have gotten too much razzing from all of his documentary peers who did spit takes when Deadline revealed Guggenheim was signing on. Paramount has begun interviewing directors for what is being viewed as a good gig, because Bieber has such a fervent following.
Davis Guggenheim Drops Justin Bieber Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- Last Day On The Job For Animation Guild's Steve Hulett, Hollywood’s Longest-Serving Union Leader
- ‘Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ Trailer No. 2: No Happy Endings Here
- ‘Victoria’s Secret’ Ratings Hit New Low, ‘Monday Night Football’ Tackled
- YouTube & Blumhouse TV Team For ’12 Deadly Days’ Horror-Comedy Series
- Syfy Orders ‘Superstition’ Series From Mario Van Peebles & XLrator Media
- ‘Libby & Malcolm’ Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman & Courtney Vance Gets ABC Pilot Order