Even though Justin Bieber these days might be a bigger deal than global warming, An Inconvenient Truth director Davis Guggenheim has dropped out of directing the young singer’s 3D concert film for Paramount Pictures. Guggenheim withdrew last night. I’m being told from all sides that Guggenheim decided he’ll be too busy promoting Waiting For Superman, which Paramount acquired right before Sundance. But I wonder if Guggenheim might have gotten too much razzing from all of his documentary peers who did spit takes when Deadline revealed Guggenheim was signing on. Paramount has begun interviewing directors for what is being viewed as a good gig, because Bieber has such a fervent following.
Davis Guggenheim Drops Justin Bieber Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Jeremy Clarkson Introduces Amazon Drone Delivery Ahead Of ‘#Drive2Prime’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings