Even though Justin Bieber these days might be a bigger deal than global warming, An Inconvenient Truth director Davis Guggenheim has dropped out of directing the young singer’s 3D concert film for Paramount Pictures. Guggenheim withdrew last night. I’m being told from all sides that Guggenheim decided he’ll be too busy promoting Waiting For Superman, which Paramount acquired right before Sundance. But I wonder if Guggenheim might have gotten too much razzing from all of his documentary peers who did spit takes when Deadline revealed Guggenheim was signing on. Paramount has begun interviewing directors for what is being viewed as a good gig, because Bieber has such a fervent following.
Davis Guggenheim Drops Justin Bieber Pic
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter