Even though Justin Bieber these days might be a bigger deal than global warming, An Inconvenient Truth director Davis Guggenheim has dropped out of directing the young singer’s 3D concert film for Paramount Pictures. Guggenheim withdrew last night. I’m being told from all sides that Guggenheim decided he’ll be too busy promoting Waiting For Superman, which Paramount acquired right before Sundance. But I wonder if Guggenheim might have gotten too much razzing from all of his documentary peers who did spit takes when Deadline revealed Guggenheim was signing on. Paramount has begun interviewing directors for what is being viewed as a good gig, because Bieber has such a fervent following.
Davis Guggenheim Drops Justin Bieber Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed