EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lou Diamond Phillips Mobs Up ‘Blindspot’; Amanda Brooks Joins Showtime’s Lena Waithe Pilot
- Jay Leno Subs For Jimmy Fallon On ‘The Tonight Show’ – Video
- Feds Officially Probing Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors
- ‘Scorpion’ & ‘Big Bang’ Ratings Inch Up, ‘Life In Pieces’ Holds Steady While ‘Minority Report’ Slips To 0.7…
- Netflix’s ‘Fuller House’ Casts Juan Pablo Di Pace
- Stephen Graham To Star In USA Pilot ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’