EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Bests Stephen Colbert In Total Viewers For First Week Since Donald Trump Inauguration
- ‘Six’: Eric Ladin Joins Season 2 Of History’s Navy SEAL Drama As New Regular
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Premiere Viewership Steady With 2016, Starz App Use Surges
- ‘Eric & Jessie’ Renewed For Season 3 By E!
- Seth Meyers Mocks “Dummy” Donald Trump For Trumpcare “Mean” Nickname Boast
- Russell Brand To Speak At Edinburgh TV Fest; Discovery & Atari Launch New Game Show – Global Briefs