EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Millennium's Avi Lerner Rips Into Keanu Reeves For Walking Away From Movie 'The Detail'; Reeves' Lawyer Disputes
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series