EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nightcap’ Renewed For Season 2 By Pop Ahead Of Series Premiere
- Donald Trump Blames NBCU Microphone For His Lewd ‘Access Hollywood’ Boast In New Interview
- Bravo Renews & Expands ‘Southern Charm’, Sets More ‘Shahs Of Sunset’ & ‘Million Dollar Listing New York…
- ABC Developing ‘The Zipcoders’ 1960s Family Comedy Produced By Viola Davis
- Billy Eichner Joins Netflix Comedy ‘Friends From College’ As Recurring
- ‘Bones’ Final Season Gets Premiere Date, New Time Slot In January On Fox