EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles