Brooklyn Decker has been set by director Peter Berg to join the cast of Battleship, Universal’s tentpole film based on the Hasbro game. Taylor Kitsch stars, along with True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgard and Rihanna. The film starts production around Labor Day in Hawaii, and will be released May 18, 2012. Scripted by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber, Battleship’s a big scale action adventure that pits that crew of a battleship again alien invaders. Brian Koppelman and David Levien are working on the most recent draft. Decker plays the love interest of Kitsch’s naval officer character and was just in Hawaii filming the Denis Dugan-directed comedy Just Go With It for Sony Pictures. Decker was on the short list of actresses Michael Bay considered to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3, a role that went to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Berg and his Film 44 partner Sarah Aubrey are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Bennett Schneir and Scott Stuber. Gersh and Marilyn Management made Decker’s deal.
Brooklyn Decker Boards Berg's 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
Latest TV News
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company