Brooklyn Decker has been set by director Peter Berg to join the cast of Battleship, Universal’s tentpole film based on the Hasbro game. Taylor Kitsch stars, along with True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgard and Rihanna. The film starts production around Labor Day in Hawaii, and will be released May 18, 2012. Scripted by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber, Battleship’s a big scale action adventure that pits that crew of a battleship again alien invaders. Brian Koppelman and David Levien are working on the most recent draft. Decker plays the love interest of Kitsch’s naval officer character and was just in Hawaii filming the Denis Dugan-directed comedy Just Go With It for Sony Pictures. Decker was on the short list of actresses Michael Bay considered to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3, a role that went to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Berg and his Film 44 partner Sarah Aubrey are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Bennett Schneir and Scott Stuber. Gersh and Marilyn Management made Decker’s deal.
Brooklyn Decker Boards Berg's 'Battleship'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC