Brooklyn Decker has been set by director Peter Berg to join the cast of Battleship, Universal’s tentpole film based on the Hasbro game. Taylor Kitsch stars, along with True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgard and Rihanna. The film starts production around Labor Day in Hawaii, and will be released May 18, 2012. Scripted by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber, Battleship’s a big scale action adventure that pits that crew of a battleship again alien invaders. Brian Koppelman and David Levien are working on the most recent draft. Decker plays the love interest of Kitsch’s naval officer character and was just in Hawaii filming the Denis Dugan-directed comedy Just Go With It for Sony Pictures. Decker was on the short list of actresses Michael Bay considered to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3, a role that went to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Berg and his Film 44 partner Sarah Aubrey are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Bennett Schneir and Scott Stuber. Gersh and Marilyn Management made Decker’s deal.
Brooklyn Decker Boards Berg's 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- BBC2 Acquires John Singleton’s ‘Snowfall’; Sets ‘League Of Gentlemen’ Return – Edinburgh
- ESPN Pulls Robert Lee From Calling Virginia Football Game Over Name Coincidence
- Donald Trump Says Arpaio “Will Be Fine”; Media Is “Source Of Division In The Country” At Phoenix…
- 'Tremors': Vincenzo Natali To Direct Syfy-Blumhouse Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon
- SAG-AFTRA Board Candidate Shaan Sharma Calls On Union To End Partisan Bickering
- Brazilian Antitrust Officials Question AT&T’s Bid For Time Warner