Showtime just announced that The Big C premiere attracted 1.154 million viewers at 10:30 PM. That’s the pay channel’s largest audience in 8 years for an original series debut. (Previous was Odyssey 5 on June 21st, 2002, with 1.155M.) At 11:30 PM, the Laura Linney freshman series delivered an additional 429,000. The total night was 1.583 million viewers. The premiere episode was made available for online sampling two weeks ago and to date has received over 1.6M online views. The Season 6 premiere of Weeds logged 1.262 million viewers at 10 PM. With a total of 1.9M viewers last night, this was Weeds‘ best night ever in viewers, up 4% from the Season 5 premiere of 1.217M. At 11 PM, Weeds added an additional 629,000 viewers.
'Big C' Delivers Showtime's Biggest Original Series Premiere In 8 Years; Biggest 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Spotlight’ Takes Top Honors & ‘The Jungle Book’ Wins Big At 17th Golden Trailer Awards
- Nicolas Billon Signs With The Alpern Group; Rizwan Manji Inks At Abrams Artists Agency
- Emmys: ‘Family Guy’ Takes On Donald Trump In Mailer
- Discovery Launches Cost-Cutting Effort With Buyouts And Possible Layoffs
- Lester Holt Anchors ‘NBC Nightly News’ From Trump Tower; Twitter Disapproves
- Charles Murray Set As Showrunner On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series ‘Star’ As Part Of Overall Deal With 20th Century…