Showtime just announced that The Big C premiere attracted 1.154 million viewers at 10:30 PM. That’s the pay channel’s largest audience in 8 years for an original series debut. (Previous was Odyssey 5 on June 21st, 2002, with 1.155M.) At 11:30 PM, the Laura Linney freshman series delivered an additional 429,000. The total night was 1.583 million viewers. The premiere episode was made available for online sampling two weeks ago and to date has received over 1.6M online views. The Season 6 premiere of Weeds logged 1.262 million viewers at 10 PM. With a total of 1.9M viewers last night, this was Weeds‘ best night ever in viewers, up 4% from the Season 5 premiere of 1.217M. At 11 PM, Weeds added an additional 629,000 viewers.
'Big C' Delivers Showtime's Biggest Original Series Premiere In 8 Years; Biggest 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Abu Dhabi Earmarks $100 Million To Local Film + TV Production, Shutters Film Festival: Cannes
- PBS To Track Whales, Marine Life In Its First Live Natural-History Show
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Eyes 2-Season Pickup At Hulu
- ‘Survivor’ Cast Picked By Viewers For Next Season
- Matt Berry To Replace Tim Doyle As ‘Last Man Standing’ Showrunner
- Golden Trailer Awards: ‘Furious 7′ Peels Out With Best In Show