Showtime just announced that The Big C premiere attracted 1.154 million viewers at 10:30 PM. That’s the pay channel’s largest audience in 8 years for an original series debut. (Previous was Odyssey 5 on June 21st, 2002, with 1.155M.) At 11:30 PM, the Laura Linney freshman series delivered an additional 429,000. The total night was 1.583 million viewers. The premiere episode was made available for online sampling two weeks ago and to date has received over 1.6M online views. The Season 6 premiere of Weeds logged 1.262 million viewers at 10 PM. With a total of 1.9M viewers last night, this was Weeds‘ best night ever in viewers, up 4% from the Season 5 premiere of 1.217M. At 11 PM, Weeds added an additional 629,000 viewers.
'Big C' Delivers Showtime's Biggest Original Series Premiere In 8 Years; Biggest 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
Latest TV News
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company