Where does octogenarian Betty White get the energy? The actress, whose stock has been surging since she followed The Proposal by hosting last season’s best episode of Saturday Night Live, has made a deal with G.P. Putnam’s Sons to write two books. First is Listen Up!, described by the publisher as a memoir of lessons learned over a long career but especially the last 15 years. Then she’ll write The Zoo and I: Betty and Her Friends, which is lighter lifting for her since it’s stories and photos of zoo animals. The books sold at auction and Putnam’s walked away with North American hardcover and paperback rights and e-book rights.
Betty White Lands Two-Book Putnam Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS