Where does octogenarian Betty White get the energy? The actress, whose stock has been surging since she followed The Proposal by hosting last season’s best episode of Saturday Night Live, has made a deal with G.P. Putnam’s Sons to write two books. First is Listen Up!, described by the publisher as a memoir of lessons learned over a long career but especially the last 15 years. Then she’ll write The Zoo and I: Betty and Her Friends, which is lighter lifting for her since it’s stories and photos of zoo animals. The books sold at auction and Putnam’s walked away with North American hardcover and paperback rights and e-book rights.
Betty White Lands Two-Book Putnam Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June