As you know, Deadline’s TV Editor Nellie Andreeva is still traveling… Broadcasting & Cable is reporting that TBS’ Lopez Tonight is shaking up its producing ranks. “Leaving the show are executive producers Mike Gibbons and Jim Paratore, and sources say that coming in as executive producer will be Robert Morton… Gibbons’ option for a second year with the show was not picked up by the show.” Morton is the longtime producer and Letterman alum who has worked on several shows, including those starring Wayne Brady, Carlos Mencia and David Alan Grier. Paratore has launched several shows including TMZ and Bonnie Hunt and then, once they are up and running, moves on to new projects. Gibbons credits include creator and executive producer of Comedy Central’s Tosh.O, and executive producer of Talk Show With Spike Feresten on Fox as well as The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn and The Showbiz Show With David Spade. The shuffle comes as Lopez Tonight moves back one hour to make way for the launch of Conan O’Brien’s new TBS show at 11 PM.
B&C: Robert Morton In, Mike Gibbons and Jim Paratore Out, On 'Lopez Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel