As you know, Deadline’s TV Editor Nellie Andreeva is still traveling… Broadcasting & Cable is reporting that TBS’ Lopez Tonight is shaking up its producing ranks. “Leaving the show are executive producers Mike Gibbons and Jim Paratore, and sources say that coming in as executive producer will be Robert Morton… Gibbons’ option for a second year with the show was not picked up by the show.” Morton is the longtime producer and Letterman alum who has worked on several shows, including those starring Wayne Brady, Carlos Mencia and David Alan Grier. Paratore has launched several shows including TMZ and Bonnie Hunt and then, once they are up and running, moves on to new projects. Gibbons credits include creator and executive producer of Comedy Central’s Tosh.O, and executive producer of Talk Show With Spike Feresten on Fox as well as The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn and The Showbiz Show With David Spade. The shuffle comes as Lopez Tonight moves back one hour to make way for the launch of Conan O’Brien’s new TBS show at 11 PM.
B&C: Robert Morton In, Mike Gibbons and Jim Paratore Out, On 'Lopez Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ Ties ‘Supergirl’ For First Time In Live+7 & Live+3 Ratings
- Fox “Cheated” ‘Bones’ Stars Out Of More Than $100M, New Profit-Participation Suit Claims
- Sofia Vergara’s LatinWE Taps Melissa Gelineau As VP Television & Development
- Sherri Shepherd Joins ‘Rosewood’ Cast
- Broadway B.O. Loves Turkey … And A Great Parade As B.O. Leaps 26%
- The CW Buys ‘No Tomorrow’, Romantic Comedy Based On Brazilian Format, From Corinne Brinkerhoff…