Auntie will broadcast the latest Royal Opera House production by the co-creator of Jerry Springer: the Opera on BBC4 early 2011. Anna Nicole will have its world premiere at Covent Garden on February 11. The ex-stripper and Playboy model married 89-year-old oil tycoon J Howard Marshall, more than 60 years her senior, in 1994. She was then embroiled into a long-running legal battle to claim a share of his estate. Smith died of a prescription drugs overdose in 2007, aged 39. Christians protested outside BBC offices when it aired Jerry Springer: the Opera on TV in 2005. One Christian group attempted to sue BBC boss Mark Thompson for blasphemy. The Royal Opera House is billing Anna Nicole as “a celebratory story of our times that includes extreme language, drug abuse and sexual content”. Expect the viewer complaint hotline to be ringing off the hook.
BBC To Air Anna Nicole Smith – The Opera
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview