Auntie will broadcast the latest Royal Opera House production by the co-creator of Jerry Springer: the Opera on BBC4 early 2011. Anna Nicole will have its world premiere at Covent Garden on February 11. The ex-stripper and Playboy model married 89-year-old oil tycoon J Howard Marshall, more than 60 years her senior, in 1994. She was then embroiled into a long-running legal battle to claim a share of his estate. Smith died of a prescription drugs overdose in 2007, aged 39. Christians protested outside BBC offices when it aired Jerry Springer: the Opera on TV in 2005. One Christian group attempted to sue BBC boss Mark Thompson for blasphemy. The Royal Opera House is billing Anna Nicole as “a celebratory story of our times that includes extreme language, drug abuse and sexual content”. Expect the viewer complaint hotline to be ringing off the hook.
BBC To Air Anna Nicole Smith – The Opera
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”