I hear that the Sony Pictures brass just saw The Tourist starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp and decided it’s a big commercial thriller that’s going to play great during the holiday season on December 10th. That weekend Paramount’s David O Russell film The Fighter starring Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg is scheduled as well as Fox/Walden’s The Chronicles of Narnia 3: The Voyage of the Dawn. All sound very very different. Produced by Graham King and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, The Tourist is already eagerly anticipated around the world since it was paralyzing Venice and those parts of Italy where it was filming.
Dec. 10 For Angelina's & Johnny's 'Tourist'
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’: Maria Bello Joins Veteran CBS Drama As Series Regular
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘The Arrangement’: Garcelle Beauvais Set To Recur In Season 2 On E!
- Donald Trump Gives Thumbs Up As ‘Fox & Friends’ & New York Times Make Nice
- Amy Sedaris Explains ‘At Home’ To Bemused TV Critics At TCA
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Krista Vernoff Returning As Co-Showrunner For Season 14