I hear that the Sony Pictures brass just saw The Tourist starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp and decided it’s a big commercial thriller that’s going to play great during the holiday season on December 10th. That weekend Paramount’s David O Russell film The Fighter starring Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg is scheduled as well as Fox/Walden’s The Chronicles of Narnia 3: The Voyage of the Dawn. All sound very very different. Produced by Graham King and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, The Tourist is already eagerly anticipated around the world since it was paralyzing Venice and those parts of Italy where it was filming.
Dec. 10 For Angelina's & Johnny's 'Tourist'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison