I hear that the Sony Pictures brass just saw The Tourist starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp and decided it’s a big commercial thriller that’s going to play great during the holiday season on December 10th. That weekend Paramount’s David O Russell film The Fighter starring Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg is scheduled as well as Fox/Walden’s The Chronicles of Narnia 3: The Voyage of the Dawn. All sound very very different. Produced by Graham King and directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, The Tourist is already eagerly anticipated around the world since it was paralyzing Venice and those parts of Italy where it was filming.
Dec. 10 For Angelina's & Johnny's 'Tourist'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Render $11M Unto 'Caesar' - Late Night B.O. Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins Best…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct
- ‘Cruel Intentions’: Sarah Michelle Gellar Courted To Reprise Her Role In NBC Pilot