EXCLUSIVE: I hear that AMC is close to picking up drama pilot The Killing to series, which would extend the network’s perfect pilot to series ratio. Based on the successful Danish series Forbrydelsen, The Killing tells the story of the murder of a young girl and the subsequent police investigation through the perspective of the detectives, the grieving family, and the suspects. It centers on Sarah (Mireille Enos), the lead homicide detective that investigates the murder. Billy Campbell, Michelle Forbes, Brent Sexton, Kristin Lehman, Eric Ladin, Jamie Anne Allman, and Joel Kinnaman co-starred in the pilot directed by Patty Jenkins and written by Veena Sud. Fox TV Studios is producing, with Sud and Mikkel Bondesen executive producing. The Killing was AMC’s fifth pilot, following Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Rubicon and The Walking Dead. The other four have already gone to series. (For Walking Dead, the series pickup came before the pilot was shot.)
AMC Nears Series Order For 'The Killing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18