EXCLUSIVE: Zach Cregger has landed a lead role on NBC’s midseason ensemble comedy series Friends with Benefits. The 20th TV/Imagine TV project, whose pilot was directed by David Dobkin, explores modern-day romance through the eyes of five friends, each looking for “the one” but in the meantime settling for “friends with benefits.” Cregger will play one of them, a nerdy but cute hopeless romantic who is worth $12 million after selling an algorithm to Google. He replaces Fran Kranz who played the role in the pilot, one of two Friends with Benefits leads that were recast after the upfronts. Andre Holland was recently tapped for the other, replacing Ian Reed Kesler. Cregger starred in another NBC comedy pilot this past development season, The Pink House. He also is a founding member of The Whitest Kids U’Know sketch comedy troupe.
Zach Cregger Joins 'Friends With Benefits'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Fox Buys ‘The Underlings’ Legal Dramedy From ‘Hart of Dixie’ Creator
- Andrea Tantaros' Shrink Backs Sexual Harassment Claims Against Roger Ailes & Fox News
- ABC Nabs Political Family Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman From Kenya Barris & Vijal Patel With Big Commitment
- ‘The Magicians’ Casts Christopher Gorham; ‘Outcast’ Adds C. Thomas Howell
- ‘NCIS’ Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: “Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain”…