EXCLUSIVE: Zach Cregger has landed a lead role on NBC’s midseason ensemble comedy series Friends with Benefits. The 20th TV/Imagine TV project, whose pilot was directed by David Dobkin, explores modern-day romance through the eyes of five friends, each looking for “the one” but in the meantime settling for “friends with benefits.” Cregger will play one of them, a nerdy but cute hopeless romantic who is worth $12 million after selling an algorithm to Google. He replaces Fran Kranz who played the role in the pilot, one of two Friends with Benefits leads that were recast after the upfronts. Andre Holland was recently tapped for the other, replacing Ian Reed Kesler. Cregger starred in another NBC comedy pilot this past development season, The Pink House. He also is a founding member of The Whitest Kids U’Know sketch comedy troupe.
Zach Cregger Joins 'Friends With Benefits'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Riverdale’: Robin Givens Cast As Riverdale’s Mayor In The CW Series
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions