EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is setting Nicholas Hoult for the role of Beast in the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class. Hoult made his first screen impression playing the bullied school kid reluctantly adopted by Hugh Grant in About a Boy. But he has grown into manhood in recent roles that included A Single Man and Clash of the Titans, and he is also booked for the cast of the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road for Warner Bros. Latter film was pushed back, and so Hoult will first make X-Men: First Class. Hoult joins James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto) and Alice Eve (Emma Frost). Fox will cast up quickly as a production start is imminent. Hoult is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group. Fox hasn’t yet confirmed his deal.
'X-Men: First Class' Finds A Beast In Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'