EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox is setting Nicholas Hoult for the role of Beast in the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class. Hoult made his first screen impression playing the bullied school kid reluctantly adopted by Hugh Grant in About a Boy. But he has grown into manhood in recent roles that included A Single Man and Clash of the Titans, and he is also booked for the cast of the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road for Warner Bros. Latter film was pushed back, and so Hoult will first make X-Men: First Class. Hoult joins James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto) and Alice Eve (Emma Frost). Fox will cast up quickly as a production start is imminent. Hoult is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group. Fox hasn’t yet confirmed his deal.
'X-Men: First Class' Finds A Beast In Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest TV News
- ‘The Flash’ Season 4 Trailer: Get Ready For A New-Look Team Flash On The CW
- Jake Paul Exits Disney Channel Series ‘Bizaardvark’
- ‘Arrow’: ‘Lost’ Star Michael Emerson To Recur In Season 6; David Nykl Returns, Watch Trailer…
- Comic-Con: ‘Midnight, Texas’ Creator Charlaine Harris “Trusts The Integrity” Of NBC Adaptation
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Trailer: “Unholy Sh*t” Hits Fan In First Look At Syfy Horror Series – Comic-Con
- ‘The Flash’: Neil Sandilands To Play The Thinker; Danny Trejo & Kim Engelbrecht Also Cast – Comic-Con