Darren Aronofsky’s ballet psychological thriller will open the 67th Venice International Film Festival on September 1. Natalie Portman stars as a ballerina who finds herself locked in a web of competitive intrigue with new rival Mila Kunis. Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder also star in the Fox Searchlight release. Aronofsky won the Golden Lion two years ago for The Wrestler. This year’s Venice – reckoned to be one of the top three festivals in the world with Cannes and Berlin – runs from September 1-11.
Venice Confirms ‘Black Swan’ As Opener
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest International News
- Donald Trump Pardons Jack Johnson While Taking Swing At Obama
- Donald Trump Jumps At Chance To Cancel Summit, Beating Kim Jong-un To Punch
- Donald Trump Responds To James Comey’s “Facts Matter” Tweet On ‘Fox & Friends’
- ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Trailer: First Look At Jacques Audiard’s Dark Comedy Western
- Guy Pearce-Kylie Minogue Comedy ‘Flammable Children’ Sells To UK, France, Italy, Spain, More
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One