Darren Aronofsky’s ballet psychological thriller will open the 67th Venice International Film Festival on September 1. Natalie Portman stars as a ballerina who finds herself locked in a web of competitive intrigue with new rival Mila Kunis. Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder also star in the Fox Searchlight release. Aronofsky won the Golden Lion two years ago for The Wrestler. This year’s Venice – reckoned to be one of the top three festivals in the world with Cannes and Berlin – runs from September 1-11.
Venice Confirms ‘Black Swan’ As Opener
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest International News
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- Red Granite Co-President Christian Mercuri Launching Capstone Group Ahead Of Cannes
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Blasts Off With $6.6M On Day 1 At International Box Office
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun