If you’re developing a prequel to your hit series Burn Notice built around Comic-Con fave Bruce Campbell, what better place to announce the plan than Comic-Con! That’s exactly what Jeff Wachtel, USA Network’s president of original programming, did at the Burn Notice panel today. The prequel is being developed as an original movie, not a series, and will focus on Sam Axe’s (Campbell) military past. I loved Campbell’s reaction to the news as reported by audience members. “What do I have to say about that? I have to say that USA finally got their s**t together.” Classic!
USA Network Prepping 'Burn Notice' Prequel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- ‘Valor’ Star Christina Ochoa Cast In ‘A Million Little Things’ ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Netflix
- ‘Get Christie Love’: Julia Kelly Cast In ABC Reboot Pilot
- Fox News To Launch Stand-Alone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- ‘American Idol’ Revival Lands At CTV For Midseason Premiere
- Can UFC Still Land A Knockout TV Deal Despite Ratings Slide And Talent Drain?