EXCLUSIVE: Joe Manganiello, dubbed the hottest new addition to HBO’s True Blood this season, has been promoted to regular for Season 4. He plays hot sexy alpha male werewolf Alcide Herveaux, an iconic character in the The Southern Vampire Mysteries novels that True Blood is based on. There was a lot of buzz surrounding the casting of the role late last year before it went to One Tree Hill alum Manganiello. He was originally supposed to appear only in a handful of episodes, but I hear he impressed the show’s producers and was embraced by True Blood fans, leading to his promotion to regular for next season. True Blood, which was just nominated for a best drama series Emmy, was renewed for a fourth season 2 episodes into the current third season. As for Season 3 of the vampire drama, there is a lot of chatter that some original cast members will be killed off by season’s end. Creator Alan Ball and the cast might shed some light on the show’s upcoming death toll at the True Blood panel at Comic-Con this afternoon.
'True Blood' Ups Joe Manganiello To Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'