EXCLUSIVE: Joe Manganiello, dubbed the hottest new addition to HBO’s True Blood this season, has been promoted to regular for Season 4. He plays hot sexy alpha male werewolf Alcide Herveaux, an iconic character in the The Southern Vampire Mysteries novels that True Blood is based on. There was a lot of buzz surrounding the casting of the role late last year before it went to One Tree Hill alum Manganiello. He was originally supposed to appear only in a handful of episodes, but I hear he impressed the show’s producers and was embraced by True Blood fans, leading to his promotion to regular for next season. True Blood, which was just nominated for a best drama series Emmy, was renewed for a fourth season 2 episodes into the current third season. As for Season 3 of the vampire drama, there is a lot of chatter that some original cast members will be killed off by season’s end. Creator Alan Ball and the cast might shed some light on the show’s upcoming death toll at the True Blood panel at Comic-Con this afternoon.
'True Blood' Ups Joe Manganiello To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets