EXCLUSIVE: Joe Manganiello, dubbed the hottest new addition to HBO’s True Blood this season, has been promoted to regular for Season 4. He plays hot sexy alpha male werewolf Alcide Herveaux, an iconic character in the The Southern Vampire Mysteries novels that True Blood is based on. There was a lot of buzz surrounding the casting of the role late last year before it went to One Tree Hill alum Manganiello. He was originally supposed to appear only in a handful of episodes, but I hear he impressed the show’s producers and was embraced by True Blood fans, leading to his promotion to regular for next season. True Blood, which was just nominated for a best drama series Emmy, was renewed for a fourth season 2 episodes into the current third season. As for Season 3 of the vampire drama, there is a lot of chatter that some original cast members will be killed off by season’s end. Creator Alan Ball and the cast might shed some light on the show’s upcoming death toll at the True Blood panel at Comic-Con this afternoon.
'True Blood' Ups Joe Manganiello To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development