With teen pop star Justin Bieber’s telegenic looks and huge following, it was inevitable for Hollywood to come knocking. And now the Baby singer, who has done some skits on Saturday Night Live and, most recently, on MTV’s Movie Awards, is set to make his acting debut with an arc on CBS’ veteran crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I bet millions of tween and teen girls are now asking their moms: What is CSI? Yes, the demographic of the CSI audience is decades older than Bieber’s army of fans, but the mothership series previously scored with the guest casting of another teen music superstar, Taylor Swift. Bieber will make his debut on CSI in the season premiere, playing “Jason McCann, a troubled teen who is faced with a terrible decision regarding his only brother—a decision that leads him into an explosive confrontation with the CSIs.” A bit too heavy for a first acting gig, eh? I bet a Justin Bieber movie is not far away.
Teen Pop Star Justin Bieber Is Now An Actor Too: Will Make His Debut On CBS' 'CSI'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert’s Live Post-Debate ‘Late Show’ Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
- The Onion Sets Election Retrospective Special On Fusion
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ EP Lou Adler On Laverne Cox & Why The TV Version Isn’t Live
- FNC Snags Largest Crowd, NBC Takes News Demo, As Final Debate Hits 65M Viewers And Counting – Update
- Donald Trump Promises To Accept Election Results On November 8 – If He Wins
- NBC Buys ‘Last Hope’ Drama From Lee Child, Andrew Dettmann & EuropaCorp