With teen pop star Justin Bieber’s telegenic looks and huge following, it was inevitable for Hollywood to come knocking. And now the Baby singer, who has done some skits on Saturday Night Live and, most recently, on MTV’s Movie Awards, is set to make his acting debut with an arc on CBS’ veteran crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I bet millions of tween and teen girls are now asking their moms: What is CSI? Yes, the demographic of the CSI audience is decades older than Bieber’s army of fans, but the mothership series previously scored with the guest casting of another teen music superstar, Taylor Swift. Bieber will make his debut on CSI in the season premiere, playing “Jason McCann, a troubled teen who is faced with a terrible decision regarding his only brother—a decision that leads him into an explosive confrontation with the CSIs.” A bit too heavy for a first acting gig, eh? I bet a Justin Bieber movie is not far away.
Teen Pop Star Justin Bieber Is Now An Actor Too: Will Make His Debut On CBS' 'CSI'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- WGA Panel Sees More Viewer And Network Acceptance of LGBT Themes
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ABC’s ‘American Crime’ Cast Talks About Second Season’s Explosive…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump Tower…