With teen pop star Justin Bieber’s telegenic looks and huge following, it was inevitable for Hollywood to come knocking. And now the Baby singer, who has done some skits on Saturday Night Live and, most recently, on MTV’s Movie Awards, is set to make his acting debut with an arc on CBS’ veteran crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I bet millions of tween and teen girls are now asking their moms: What is CSI? Yes, the demographic of the CSI audience is decades older than Bieber’s army of fans, but the mothership series previously scored with the guest casting of another teen music superstar, Taylor Swift. Bieber will make his debut on CSI in the season premiere, playing “Jason McCann, a troubled teen who is faced with a terrible decision regarding his only brother—a decision that leads him into an explosive confrontation with the CSIs.” A bit too heavy for a first acting gig, eh? I bet a Justin Bieber movie is not far away.
Teen Pop Star Justin Bieber Is Now An Actor Too: Will Make His Debut On CBS' 'CSI'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- David Letterman Gets Advice On Next Career Move From Sen. Al Franken
- Ana Ayora Books ‘Banshee’ Role; Mustafa Shakir Joins ‘Quarry’
- Shine Australia CEOs Exiting Amid Endemol Shine Consolidation
- Amazon Developing Drama Based On ‘Boy In The Suitcase’ Mystery Books
- ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ Review: Mark Burnett-Roma Downey Latest Tops The Original
- Amy Winehouse Documentary Finally Gets U.S. Deal, Lands At A24