Here is a colorful description of the network development and production process by comedy veteran Jeffrey Klarik, co-creator with David Crane of Showtime’s new comedy series Episodes. The two previously created and executive produced the short-lived CBS comedy The Class: When Crane told him he wanted to go back to work, Klarik’s immediate reaction was “no.” “I said the only way I would do it is if we could go someplace where we’re under the radar, and not get pummeled like we did last time, I felt like a puppy in a clothes dryer. It was torture. Let’s do this, but let’s go to England where they let you do what you want.” — Diane Haithman, Deadline’s TCA coverage.
TCA: When TV Development Is “Torture”
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Latest TV News
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- CAA Signs Actor & Singer Mike Angelo
- ‘Catastrophe’s Sharon Horgan Inks Overall Deal With Amazon Studios
- BritBox Strikes 300 Hour Deal with All3Media International Including ‘Midsomer Murders’
- Ben Silverman & Howard T Owens’ Propagate Gets Backing From Raine Group
- CBS Lands Digital Multicast Rights To ‘The Carol Burnett Show’