EXCLUSIVE: Here is what happens when Steven Spielberg plucks you out of obscurity to play the lead in his next film. Jeremy Irvine, who makes his feature film debut as the lead in the Spielberg-directed War Horse, has signed with Spielberg’s agency, CAA. Irvine began his career at The National Youth Theatre and attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. His stage credits include the Royal Shakespeare Company’s 2010 production of Dunsinane. CAA will rep him along with UK-based Hatton, McEwan. Irvine plays a young man whose horse is conscripted for WWI battlefield duty. He sets out to reunite with his cherished animal. The film, based on Michael Morpugo’s novel and Nick Stafford’s stage adaptation, is Spielberg’s first for DreamWorks since it relaunched with Reliance and a Disney distribution deal.
Spielberg's 'War Horse' Man Signs With CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Tegna Blacks Out Dish Network Customers In 38 Markets
- ‘Minority Report’ Order Cut By 3 Episodes
- Bill Cosby Legal Cases Move Forward Ahead Of ‘Dateline’ Special
- ‘Key & Peele’ Showrunners Developing ‘The Romeos’ Buddy Comedy At ABC
- Greg Berlanti Dramas From Chris Fedak & Jennifer Johnson Set At CBS As Put Pilots
- ‘Blindspot’ Gets Full-Season Order By NBC