EXCLUSIVE: Here is what happens when Steven Spielberg plucks you out of obscurity to play the lead in his next film. Jeremy Irvine, who makes his feature film debut as the lead in the Spielberg-directed War Horse, has signed with Spielberg’s agency, CAA. Irvine began his career at The National Youth Theatre and attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. His stage credits include the Royal Shakespeare Company’s 2010 production of Dunsinane. CAA will rep him along with UK-based Hatton, McEwan. Irvine plays a young man whose horse is conscripted for WWI battlefield duty. He sets out to reunite with his cherished animal. The film, based on Michael Morpugo’s novel and Nick Stafford’s stage adaptation, is Spielberg’s first for DreamWorks since it relaunched with Reliance and a Disney distribution deal.
Spielberg's 'War Horse' Man Signs With CAA
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction