James Canniffe has been promoted to SVP U.S. development, alternative programming at Sony Pictures TV. Canniffe develops reality network and cable series as well as syndicated programming and oversees current shows in production, working closely with Sony TV’s international production teams. He reports to Holly Jacobs, EVP U.S. reality and syndicated programming. Canniffe most recently played a key part in the development of Plain Jane for the CW; Shark Tank for ABC, Sing-Off for NBC; and syndicated series The Nate Berkus Show and The Dr. Oz Show.
Sony Pictures TV Ups Alternative Executive
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era