EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems will co-finance with Spyglass and distribute The Vow, the Michael Sucsy-directed film that will star Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. The film is based on a true story of a newly married couple whose car is rear-ended by a truck. She loses all recent memory-including that she’s married–and they struggle together to gain it back. Spyglass put together the project, and Sucsy, who directed HBO’s Grey Gardens, is rewriting. This puts Clint Culpepper’s Screen Gems back in the Channing Tatum biz, after the Sony-based shingle distributed another romantic weeper, Dear John. Spyglass’ Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and Jonathan Glickman are producing. Shooting starts September in Toronto.
Screen Gems Makes 'Vow' With Spyglass
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films