EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems will co-finance with Spyglass and distribute The Vow, the Michael Sucsy-directed film that will star Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. The film is based on a true story of a newly married couple whose car is rear-ended by a truck. She loses all recent memory-including that she’s married–and they struggle together to gain it back. Spyglass put together the project, and Sucsy, who directed HBO’s Grey Gardens, is rewriting. This puts Clint Culpepper’s Screen Gems back in the Channing Tatum biz, after the Sony-based shingle distributed another romantic weeper, Dear John. Spyglass’ Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and Jonathan Glickman are producing. Shooting starts September in Toronto.
Screen Gems Makes 'Vow' With Spyglass
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount