EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest TV News
- CBS Developing CIA Workplace Comedy From ‘Big Bang Theory’s Simon Helberg & Jocelyn Towne
- Ali LeRoi Inks Overall Deal With CBS Television Studios
- Bill O’Reilly Blasts Megyn Kelly, NYT For Trying To Link Him “With Harvey Weinstein”
- NBC Buys Single Mother Comedy From Amy Poehler & Kim Rosenstock As Put Pilot
- Fox Buys Family Comedy From Peter Tolan, John Ross Bowie & Kevin Sussman
- 'Get Shorty' Showrunner Davey Holmes Inks Overall Deal With MGM TV, Sets Hunter S. Thompson Series