EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Daily Show’ Unveils ‘Trumpire’
- ‘My Friend 50’ Comedy Featuring 50 Cent Set At Fox; He & Will Packer Will Produce
- Bethenny Frankel Inks Overall Deal With Leftfield Entertainment
- ‘Gotham’ Ties ‘Supergirl’ For First Time In Live+SD, ‘Superstore’ Gets Sampled
- Anthony Anderson To Host NAACP Image Awards Through 2017
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Season 2 Gets Premiere Date On Amazon