EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'