EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest TV News
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump…
- Digital Comedy Series ‘Web Tales’ From FatAwesome & Machinima To Run On Go90, Black List Writers The Mirzai Bros To…
- 'Darkover' Amazon Series Taps Elizabeth Sarnoff & Patrick Macmanus As Writers
- NPR Inks With Bungalow|Storied Media Group To Help Tell Its Tales