EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Trailer For J.K. Rowling’s ‘The Casual Vacancy’ On HBO
- NCAA Tournament Ratings Jump From First Friday, ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Finale Even
- DVR Gains Raise Renewal Prospects For Sunday Newbies ‘Secrets & Lies’ & ‘Last Man On Earth’, Justify ‘Royals…
- Bill Maher To PC Liberals: “Shut Up”
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic