EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Joe Henderson Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- TLC “Deeply Saddened” As It Pulls All Episodes of ’19 Kids And Counting’ In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations…
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”
- ‘Texas Rising’ Review: History Shouldn’t Have Messed With The Lone Star State
- ‘Kardashians’ Bruce Jenner Special & ‘The Royals’ Finale Elevate E! Live+3 Ratings
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Sneak Peek: The Internet Is Coming