EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe has joined Thomas Jane and Jeremy Piven in I Melt With You, the indie ensemble thriller that Mark Pellington will direct near Big Sur in Northern California next month. Lowe will play a doctor struggling with deep personal loss and a growing drug addiction. Pellington hatched the storyline with screenwriter Glenn Porter for a micro-budget film that focuses on the pain of the modern male psyche. Considering that Pellington got that trio and the whole film will cost less than $1 million, my question is: why do movies cost so much, again? Lowe, who is separately involved with Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack in the formation of a $500 million media fund, just made a deal with Henry Holt to write Stories I Only Tell My Friends, a memoir about acting and fatherhood.
Rob Lowe Joins Cast Of 'I Melt With You'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’s Cecily Strong To Guest Star On ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 – Comic-Con
- ‘Orphan Black’ Sneaks Tease Of Final Season 5 – Comic-Con
- Violence, Vodka & Season 4.2 Trailer At The ‘Vikings’ Panel – Comic-Con
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’: Janina Gavankar Cast As Ichabod Crane’s New Partner
- ‘South Park’ Celebrates Its 20th Season With New Logo, Video – Comic-Con
- Munich Shootings: At Least 10 Dead, Including Gunman, Who Police Say Likely Acted Alone – Update