Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Mel Brooks Combs His Hair In Homage To Gene Wilder On ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Stranger Things’ Will Return In 2017 For Second Season On Netflix
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’