Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series
- ‘Team Ninja Warrior’ Renewed By Esquire; BBC America Sets ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere Date, Projects With Amy Poehler, More – TV…
- ‘Biggest Loser’ Being Investigated By L.A. Sheriff For On-Set Drug Use
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?