Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic
- Ernie Hudson Cast In ‘Delores And Jermaine'; Aalyrah Caldwell Joins ‘Uncle Buck'; Corbin Bernsen Recurs In ‘Living On Video…
- Lolita Davidovich & David Clennon Among Cast Additions To ‘Dr. Del’ Indie Pilot
- Tom Wheeler Inks 2-Script Deal At Sony Pictures Television In TV Return
- ‘Blunt Talk’ Teaser: Patrick Stewart Character’s Falklands War Account Questioned By Bill O’Reilly