Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Latest TV News
- BBC Lines Up Feature-Length Doc On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- TV Review: Fox’s ‘A Christmas Story Live!’ Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To…
- Jay-Z’s Trayvon Martin Docuseries Sparks Feud Between Snoop Dogg And George Zimmerman
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes