Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country…
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT
- Trond Fausa & Dan Gill Join Fox’s ‘Thin Ice’ Comedy Pilot
- Erinn Westbrook & Michael Provost Join ‘Insatiable’; Brooke Lyons In ‘Life Sentence’