Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’ Fox Pilot
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film
- Jenny Slate Eyes Own FX Pilot As ‘Married’ Adds New Series Regular
- ‘The Expendables’ Event Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone Producing
- ‘Empire’ Extends Record Ratings Growth Streak To 8 Weeks, ‘CSI: Cyber’ Starts OK
- Aly Michalka & Maulik Pancholy Join ABC’s Chevy Chase Pilot