Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Andreeva
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract
- Alan Ball’s Salieri Tale ‘Virtuoso’ Gets HBO Pilot Order With Elton John Producing
- Katie Holmes Joins Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Super Bowl Commercials’, ‘The Originals’ Eye Ratings Highs
- Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
- ‘Rush Hour’, Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’, Bill Wrubel Pilot Ordered By CBS