Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast