Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes Film Festival 2017: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Joaquin Phoenix, Diane Kruger Acting Honors - Live
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…