Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Michael Wolff To Bill Maher: ‘Fire And Fury’ Has “Incendiary” Unsolved Secret
- TV News Pundits Plotz As Senate Vote Flops, Signaling Government Shutdown
- Fox Orders Three Pilots: Comedies ‘Our People’ & ‘Rel’, Musical Drama ‘Mixtape’
- Tim Doyle 1970s Family Comedy Gets ABC Pilot Order
- Endemol: Reality TV Crew Was Carrying New Product, Not Fake Bomb – Update
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92