Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return