Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Paul Ryan: Donald Trump Said He Was Clueless About Judge Jeanine’s Opening Salvo
- Stephen Colbert Tops Q1 Total Viewers In Late-Night; Jimmy Fallon Takes Demo
- ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Netflix Pic Tracks General Brad Pitt’s Fast Rise & Faster Fall
- Warriors Win Scores ESPN Ratings High, ‘Empire’ Hits New Low, ‘Imaginary Mary’ Debuts OK
- Kevin Kay Details Plans For the Paramount Network, Talks Future Of ‘Nashville’
- Paramount Network Sets Slate For 2018 Launch With 2 TV Land Series & ‘Waco’, Renews ‘Lip Sync Battle’ For…