Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- Nielsen Lands Deal To Tap Set Top Box Data From AT&T’s DirecTV And U-Verse
- NY Gov. Cuomo Extends State's Film Incentives Program
- Jimmy Kimmel Talks Oscars, Politics & What He’d Ask A Certain President-Elect
- Keegan-Michael Key On ‘Playing House’ & Voicing Presidential Anger – TCA
- Brian Grazer On Indie Imagine TV, ‘Legacy’ Timing & Why ‘24’ Movie Didn’t Happen
- Ovation TV Acquires ‘Versailles’ Season 2; ‘Taboo’ Sells To Multiple Territories – NATPE