Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot