Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Leads Strong Week 2 Ratings Retention, ‘Monday Night Football’ Hit Hard By Big Presidential…
- ‘Channel Zero: The No-End House’: Jeff Ward Cast As Male Lead In Syfy Series
- Trevor Noah Goes After Donald Trump Over Debate Crack About Third-World Airports
- NBC Leads Early Debate Stats; Big Viewer Turnout Indicated
- Emmys: Liberty Media Chairman John Malone Among Engineering Award Honorees
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Unprepared, Sounded Like He Was Fighting Off A Cold