Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Daytime Emmys Creative Arts Winners: PBS & CBS Dominate
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”