Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Flexes Muscle With $21M+ During The Lowest-Grossing Weekend Of 2017 To Date - Sunday AM
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; Wonder Woman To $800M Global; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Single-Market Record
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Latest TV News
- Apple Music’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Rocks To New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes
- Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: Robert De Niro, Sandra Bernhard, Jim Carrey Honor King Of Comedy
- Jerry Lewis Dies: Comedy Legend, Classic Filmmaker Was 91
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Television Movie
- How ‘Fargo’ Editor Curtis Thurber Transitioned From Assisting An Emmys Perennial To Becoming One Himself