Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Andreeva
- Jennette McCurdy To Topline Thriller Drama Series For Netflix & Canada's City
- 'Mulaney' Order Trimmed To 13 Episodes
- AMC Network Narrows Field Of Drama Pilot Contenders With Producer Meetings
- 'The Lottery' Cancelled By Lifetime
- Melissa Rosenberg's Tall Girls Productions Sells Projects To ABC & NBC
- Space Race Drama From Eli Attie & Film 44 Lands At Fox With Penalty