Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'