Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On NFL Stance: Kneelers Should Be Fired