Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Latest TV News
- Rock Paper Scissors Taps Thunder Road’s Kent Kubena As EVP Film & TV Development
- ‘Riverdale’ Production Continues Despite K.J. Apa Car Crash
- ‘My Dead Ex’ Sets Cast As Production Begins On AwesomenessTV Series
- ‘S.W.A.T.’: David Lim Upped To Series Regular Ahead Of Season 1 Premiere
- 'A Christmas Story': Matthew Broderick Set As Narrator Of Fox’s Live Production
- Fox News Channel Launching ‘Fox News @ Night’ At 11 PM, Anchored By Shannon Bream