Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Record Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- ‘Empire’ Ratings Unsurprisingly Down On Thanksgiving Eve, ‘Code Black’ Rises