Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- Rob Lowe Stars In ‘The Bad Seed’ Remake With A Gender Switch Eyed By Lifetime
- Carter Page: Al Franken Gropes Preferable To “Groundless Witch Hunt”