Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
'Mission: Impossible - Fallout': Tom Cruise Jumped Out Of Plane 106 Times For Skydive Stunt - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘Lovecraft Country’: Jurnee Smollett-Bell To Star In HBO Series From Jordan Peele, J.J. Abrams & Misha Green
- Tatiana Maslany, Diego Luna & Emile Hirsch Join DreamWorks ‘Trollhunters Part 3’ On Netflix
- Netflix Orders Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Another Life’ Starring Katee Sackhoff
- Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal – Update
- Hollywood Reacts To Bill Cosby Guilty Verdict: “About Damn Time”
- Nina L. Diaz Promoted To President, Programming & Development For MTV, VH1 & Logo Group