Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest TV News
- Rellik & The Miniaturist Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama The Bridge To BBC2
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall