Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”