Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘The Big Bang Theory’ For the First Time In Live+7 Demo Ratings
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Shocks Fans With The Return Of A Familiar Face
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners – Complete…
- ‘This Is Us’ EPs On Tearjerker ‘Memphis’ Episode, Its Impact On Randall & Future Storylines
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Promises Ben Carson Will Find “True Meaning Of HUD”
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role