Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’: NBC Sets Postponed Mass-Shooting Episode For This Week
- Alec Baldwin Confirms He’ll Be Back As Donald Trump On ‘SNL’
- Stephen Colbert: Russian Intelligence Are Hardcore Fans, Followed Me Everywhere
- ‘Tremors’ Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon From Blumhouse Gets Syfy Pilot Order
- White House Clobbers CBO Forecast 22M Lose Health Insurance Under Senate Trumpcare Plan
- Eileen Myers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Drama Spec To Showtime