Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement