Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Primetime Emmys Tap Glenn Weiss & Ricky Kirshner To Exec Produce Awards
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue
- Viacom & Altice USA Announce Advertising And Content Distribution Pact
- Sophia Bush Departing ‘Chicago P.D.’ After Four Seasons
- Deadline's TV Talk Podcast Episode #6: Big Screen To Small Screen Emmy Contenders, Roger Moore + Best Limited Series Hopefuls
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Trailer Snags 61 Million Views In First 24 Hours, HBO Says