Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global To Bust Records in China; 'Dragon Ball' Trumps 'F7' In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Full House’ Return A Go On Netflix, John Stamos Tells Jimmy Kimmel
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Renewed For Season 4 By Comedy Central
- Jon Stewart’s Last Day On ‘The Daily Show:’ August 6
- Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood Eyed To Topline ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Spinoff
- W. Peter Iliff & Adam Small Sign With APA
- IATSE Reaches Deal With Producers For New Film & TV Contract