Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- Rudolph Giuliani Will Not Be Part Of Trump Administration
- ABC Buys ‘Down In The Valley’ Crime Drama From David Posamentier & Geoff Moore
- ‘2 Broke Girls’ Casts Christopher Gorham As Recurring
- Joseph Mascolo Dies: Villainous Stefano DiMera On ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Was 87
- ‘Top Puppet’: NBC Orders Reality Special From ‘The Voice’ Producers, Muppet Creators…
- Kellyanne Conway Defends Donald Trump’s ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Credit, Suggests Salary Might Go To Charity