Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Ducks Roger Ailes Question Posed By Chuck Todd On ‘Meet The Press’
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: NBC4 Leads With 8 Wins; KMEX, KVEA & Time Warner Cable SportsNet L.A. Follow With 5 Each
- ‘Conan’ Returning To Comic-Con In 2017
- Lee Majors Makes His Comic-Con Debut At ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Panel
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5: Evelyn Sharp & Wild Dog First Look – Comic-Con
- Doctor Alchemy Unveiled In ‘The Flash’ Season 3 Trailer- Comic-Con