Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest;' Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest TV News
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Ratings Return Up, ‘Shark Tank’ Down & ‘Grimm’ Rises
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins Best…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct