Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive