Richard Dreyfuss has joined Showtime’s Weeds as a recurring. In at least 4 episodes of the dark comedy’s upcoming 6th season, he will play what the network describes as “an unexpected character from Nancy Botwin’s past.” Season 6 of Weeds, which premieres on August 16, features Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) and family on the lam after Shane (Alexander Gould) bopped Mexican VIP Pilar to death with a croquet mallet. Dreyfuss joins previously announced guest stars for next season Linda Hamilton, Peter Stormare, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, as well as returning guest stars Alanis Morissette and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Oscar winner Dreyfuss made his full-time series debut with CBS’ The Education of Max Bickford. On Showtime, he previously starred as Alexander Haig in the 2002 docudrama The Day Reagan Was Shot.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Showtime's 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Fact-Checks Donald Trump Tweet Slamming Washington Post
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘Broadchurch’ Final-Season Review: Olivia Colman & David Tennant Exit With Grace
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- ‘Gypsy’ Review: Naomi Watts’ Talents Wasted In Derivative Netflix Drama
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale Ratings Rise Over 2016, Dominates Social Media