MTV’s reality hit Jersey Shore broke series records with its second season premiere last night, which drew 5.3 million viewers and a 5.1 rating in people 12-34. This marks the top cable telecast of the year in 12-34 and MTV’s best season premiere rating in more than seven years, since the Season Two launch of The Osbournes. The Season 2 premiere of Jersey Shore was up 292% over its series debut last year in 12-34 and up 280% in viewers. It was also up 10% from the show’s blockbuster Season 1 finale.
RATINGS RAT RACE: MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Returns Huge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'