MTV’s reality hit Jersey Shore broke series records with its second season premiere last night, which drew 5.3 million viewers and a 5.1 rating in people 12-34. This marks the top cable telecast of the year in 12-34 and MTV’s best season premiere rating in more than seven years, since the Season Two launch of The Osbournes. The Season 2 premiere of Jersey Shore was up 292% over its series debut last year in 12-34 and up 280% in viewers. It was also up 10% from the show’s blockbuster Season 1 finale.
RATINGS RAT RACE: MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Returns Huge
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison