MTV’s reality hit Jersey Shore broke series records with its second season premiere last night, which drew 5.3 million viewers and a 5.1 rating in people 12-34. This marks the top cable telecast of the year in 12-34 and MTV’s best season premiere rating in more than seven years, since the Season Two launch of The Osbournes. The Season 2 premiere of Jersey Shore was up 292% over its series debut last year in 12-34 and up 280% in viewers. It was also up 10% from the show’s blockbuster Season 1 finale.
RATINGS RAT RACE: MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Returns Huge
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'