LeBron James’ special The Decision delivered big ratings for ESPN last night. The special, in which James announced his decision to join the Miami Heat, generated a 7.3 overnight rating from 9-10:15 p.m. ET, the highest rating for any program – on broadcast or cable – last night. It was also ESPN’s highest overnight rating for any non-NFL ESPN program this year. The telecast peaked with a 9.6 rating from 9:15-9:30 p.m., when James announced his choice. The top three local markets were heart-broken Cleveland (26.0 metered market rating) and Columbus (14.2) and jubilant Miami (12.8). How large of an audience did James draw? Consider this: ESPN’s exclusive interview with Tiger Woods on March 21 posted a 0.4 metered market rating. ESPN’s exclusive interview with Alex Rodriguez on Feb. 9, 2009 generated a 0.9 metered market. The Decision was also a hit online, generating more than 300,000 unique viewers on ESPN3.com.
RATINGS RAT RACE: LeBron James Is A Hit!
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Bollywood's Karan Johar Appeals For Peaceful 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release Amid Growing India-Pakistan Tensions
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Booed Over Hillary Roast Remarks At New York Charity Dinner
- ‘Guilt’ Canceled By Freeform After One Season
- Carol Burnett Returning To TV As Star Of ABC Comedy From Michael Saltzman & Amy Poehler
- ‘Let The Right One In’ & ‘Narcos’ Add Cast
- ‘Nashville’ Season 5 Promo: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere & More
- Vine Star King Bach To Topline Fox Military Comedy From McG & Adam Devine