NBC’s broadcast of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks (1.4 rating/7 share in adults 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) was by far the highest-rated program last night, posting a three-year high for the holiday franchise. Versus last year, when the special aired on the much less trafficked Saturday night, the 9-10PM broadcast was up 40% in adults 18-49 and 35% in total viewers. The other 4th of July fireworks special, CBS’ Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10 PM, was No. 2 for the night in total viewers with a 1.0/4 in 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers, edged in the demo by NBC’s Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1.0/4), which also aired at 10PM. Everything else on TV last night was reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: Fireworks Pop For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Trailer In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Outlander’ Surprises Fans With Screening Of Season 3 Debut – Comic-Con
- ‘Descendants 2’: Bobby Moynihan Is Voice of Dude The Dog
- ‘The Gifted’ Cast Unveils New Extended Trailer With All-New Mutant-Filled Footage — Comic-Con
- Bill Lawrence Unharmed After Plane Crash In New York City
- ‘The Orville’: Charlize Theron Confirmed To Guest Star In Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Series