NBC’s broadcast of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks (1.4 rating/7 share in adults 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) was by far the highest-rated program last night, posting a three-year high for the holiday franchise. Versus last year, when the special aired on the much less trafficked Saturday night, the 9-10PM broadcast was up 40% in adults 18-49 and 35% in total viewers. The other 4th of July fireworks special, CBS’ Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10 PM, was No. 2 for the night in total viewers with a 1.0/4 in 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers, edged in the demo by NBC’s Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1.0/4), which also aired at 10PM. Everything else on TV last night was reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: Fireworks Pop For NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams