NBC’s broadcast of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks (1.4 rating/7 share in adults 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) was by far the highest-rated program last night, posting a three-year high for the holiday franchise. Versus last year, when the special aired on the much less trafficked Saturday night, the 9-10PM broadcast was up 40% in adults 18-49 and 35% in total viewers. The other 4th of July fireworks special, CBS’ Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10 PM, was No. 2 for the night in total viewers with a 1.0/4 in 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers, edged in the demo by NBC’s Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1.0/4), which also aired at 10PM. Everything else on TV last night was reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: Fireworks Pop For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold