NBC’s broadcast of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks (1.4 rating/7 share in adults 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) was by far the highest-rated program last night, posting a three-year high for the holiday franchise. Versus last year, when the special aired on the much less trafficked Saturday night, the 9-10PM broadcast was up 40% in adults 18-49 and 35% in total viewers. The other 4th of July fireworks special, CBS’ Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10 PM, was No. 2 for the night in total viewers with a 1.0/4 in 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers, edged in the demo by NBC’s Law & Order: Criminal Intent (1.0/4), which also aired at 10PM. Everything else on TV last night was reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: Fireworks Pop For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order