The Saturday Night Live-flavored ESPY Awards, hosted by Seth Meyers and featuring current SNL cast member Andy Samberg and alum Will Ferrell, averaged 2.6 million viewers from 9-11:30 PM last night. The awards’ 18-49 audience was 1.7 million, which is up 30% from last year, when the ESPYs ran on Sunday. Meanwhile, the fifth season premiere of USA Network’s Psych at 10 PM posted a 15% gain in adults 18-34 from last season’s premiere, which aired behind the network’s older skewing dramedy Monk. In total viewers, Psych (3.7 million), was down 8% year-to-year. Elsewhere on cable in the 10-11 PM hour, TV Land’s Hot In Cleveland (3.0 million)held stead, while Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (2.2 million) slipped a bit from its all-time high (2.4 million) last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ESPY Awards & 'Psych' Premiere Gain In Young Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'