The Saturday Night Live-flavored ESPY Awards, hosted by Seth Meyers and featuring current SNL cast member Andy Samberg and alum Will Ferrell, averaged 2.6 million viewers from 9-11:30 PM last night. The awards’ 18-49 audience was 1.7 million, which is up 30% from last year, when the ESPYs ran on Sunday. Meanwhile, the fifth season premiere of USA Network’s Psych at 10 PM posted a 15% gain in adults 18-34 from last season’s premiere, which aired behind the network’s older skewing dramedy Monk. In total viewers, Psych (3.7 million), was down 8% year-to-year. Elsewhere on cable in the 10-11 PM hour, TV Land’s Hot In Cleveland (3.0 million)held stead, while Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (2.2 million) slipped a bit from its all-time high (2.4 million) last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ESPY Awards & 'Psych' Premiere Gain In Young Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast