The Saturday Night Live-flavored ESPY Awards, hosted by Seth Meyers and featuring current SNL cast member Andy Samberg and alum Will Ferrell, averaged 2.6 million viewers from 9-11:30 PM last night. The awards’ 18-49 audience was 1.7 million, which is up 30% from last year, when the ESPYs ran on Sunday. Meanwhile, the fifth season premiere of USA Network’s Psych at 10 PM posted a 15% gain in adults 18-34 from last season’s premiere, which aired behind the network’s older skewing dramedy Monk. In total viewers, Psych (3.7 million), was down 8% year-to-year. Elsewhere on cable in the 10-11 PM hour, TV Land’s Hot In Cleveland (3.0 million)held stead, while Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 (2.2 million) slipped a bit from its all-time high (2.4 million) last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ESPY Awards & 'Psych' Premiere Gain In Young Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA