Third time proved to be the charm for A&E whose third original series, The Glades, debuted with 3.6 million viewers last night, posting the network’s most-watched original drama series telecast ever. The Glades also broke records in the adults 18-49 and 25-54 demographics, delivering 1.4 million viewers and 1.2 million viewers, respectively. Combined with the encore airing, The Glades was watched by a total of 5.1 million viewers last night and grew by 38% from its lead-in. A&E’s first two original scripted dramas from the network’s recent re-entry into the genre, The Cleaner and The Beast, debuted with 2.6 million viewers and 2.4 million viewers, respectively. “The fact that The Glades was able to break through in a crowded summer landscape against heavy competition is a testament to the quality of the show and the incredible talent and performance of the show’s lead Matt Passmore,” said Bob DeBitetto, president & GM of A&E and BIO Channel. The solid showing is also certain to reaffirm A&E’s new creative direction toward lighter procedurals with The The Glades and recent pickup Breakout Kings.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Big Debut For 'Glades'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment