Third time proved to be the charm for A&E whose third original series, The Glades, debuted with 3.6 million viewers last night, posting the network’s most-watched original drama series telecast ever. The Glades also broke records in the adults 18-49 and 25-54 demographics, delivering 1.4 million viewers and 1.2 million viewers, respectively. Combined with the encore airing, The Glades was watched by a total of 5.1 million viewers last night and grew by 38% from its lead-in. A&E’s first two original scripted dramas from the network’s recent re-entry into the genre, The Cleaner and The Beast, debuted with 2.6 million viewers and 2.4 million viewers, respectively. “The fact that The Glades was able to break through in a crowded summer landscape against heavy competition is a testament to the quality of the show and the incredible talent and performance of the show’s lead Matt Passmore,” said Bob DeBitetto, president & GM of A&E and BIO Channel. The solid showing is also certain to reaffirm A&E’s new creative direction toward lighter procedurals with The The Glades and recent pickup Breakout Kings.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Big Debut For 'Glades'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Andreeva
- Stark Sands To Star In ‘Minority Report’
- Jack Davenport To Co-Star In HBO’s Sarah Silverman Pilot; Kerri Kenney Also Cast
- Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
- Alison Pill Cast In Jenna Bans ABC Pilot
- Meagan Good To Star In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
- Will Kemp & Connie Nielsen To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Unveiled’