Third time proved to be the charm for A&E whose third original series, The Glades, debuted with 3.6 million viewers last night, posting the network’s most-watched original drama series telecast ever. The Glades also broke records in the adults 18-49 and 25-54 demographics, delivering 1.4 million viewers and 1.2 million viewers, respectively. Combined with the encore airing, The Glades was watched by a total of 5.1 million viewers last night and grew by 38% from its lead-in. A&E’s first two original scripted dramas from the network’s recent re-entry into the genre, The Cleaner and The Beast, debuted with 2.6 million viewers and 2.4 million viewers, respectively. “The fact that The Glades was able to break through in a crowded summer landscape against heavy competition is a testament to the quality of the show and the incredible talent and performance of the show’s lead Matt Passmore,” said Bob DeBitetto, president & GM of A&E and BIO Channel. The solid showing is also certain to reaffirm A&E’s new creative direction toward lighter procedurals with The The Glades and recent pickup Breakout Kings.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Big Debut For 'Glades'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- Grace Lee Whitney Dies; Janice Rand Of ‘Star Trek’ Was 85
- ‘Last Man On Earth’ Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease “Awesome” Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic…
- #MayPac A Goldmine For HBO/Showtime, But Pirate Feeds Made Out Like Bandits
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip In Return With Host Scarlett Johansson
- Scarjo’s Black Widow Falls For Ultron In Marvelous Parody: ‘SNL’
- ‘Pirated’ Pacquiao-Mayweather Bout Opens ‘SNL’ Return