EXCLUSIVE: Veteran screen and stage actor Peter Weller has joined the cast of Showtime’s hit drama Dexter. He will appear in eight of the 12 episodes from the show’s upcoming fifth season, playing a troubled Miami Metro police officer who gets caught up in an internal affairs investigation. Production on season 5 is currently underway for a Sept. 26 premiere. Weller who recently guest-starred on Fringe, is probably best known for his title roles in the RoboCop movie franchise and in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. His co-star in that 1984 sci-fi comedy? John Lithgow, who had a major role on Dexter last season that earned him a Golden Globe and an Emmy nom. Dexter received a total of 8 Emmy nominations last week, including best drama series and best lead actor in a drama series for Michael C. Hall. Weller is with APA and managers Craig Baumgarten and Bill Treusch.
Peter Weller Joins Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- AMC Networks Teams With Charter To Co-Produce Original Content
- Stephen Colbert Takes On Alex Jones, George Soros And Big Yogurt
- ESPN To Lay Off About 100 Employees Including On-Air Personalities And Writers
- ‘The Tick’ Gets August Premiere Date On Amazon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: NBC Teams With Youku For Localized Version In China