EXCLUSIVE: Peter Serafinowicz has joined the cast of the new Fox comedy series Running Wilde as a regular. Serafinowicz was made a regular after he popped in his guest-starring turn in the pilot as Fa’ad Shaoulin, the Oxford-accented neighbor and frenemy of Steve Wilde (Will Arnett). Similarly, Erin Cummings, who guest-starred in the pilot for ABC’s Detroit 1-8-7 as the medical examiner, was recently upped to regular on the new drama series. The Lionsgate TV-produced Running Wilde centers on Steve Wilde, a filthy-rich, immature playboy trying desperately to win (or buy) the heart of his childhood sweetheart and uber-liberal humanitarian (Keri Russell). On the series, Serafinowicz also joins regulars Stefania Owen and Jayne Houdyshell. Another regular role, that of Migo Salazar, is being recast. Serafinowicz, who has created and starred in two British series, Look Around You and The Peter Serafinowicz Show, is best known in the U.S. for his roles in Shaun of the Dead and Couples Retreat and for voicing Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I. Serafinowicz, who was cast as Paul McCartney in Robert Zemeckis’ 3D motion-capture remake of Yellow Submarine, is with UTA, Principato-Young and U.K’s Troika. Serafinowicz and Arnett’s relationship pre-dates Running Wilde. Here they are (plus their actress-wives Sarah Alexander and Amy Poehler) in a Funny or Die skit from last summer.
Peter Serafinowicz Joins 'Running Wilde'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup