EXCLUSIVE: Peter Serafinowicz has joined the cast of the new Fox comedy series Running Wilde as a regular. Serafinowicz was made a regular after he popped in his guest-starring turn in the pilot as Fa’ad Shaoulin, the Oxford-accented neighbor and frenemy of Steve Wilde (Will Arnett). Similarly, Erin Cummings, who guest-starred in the pilot for ABC’s Detroit 1-8-7 as the medical examiner, was recently upped to regular on the new drama series. The Lionsgate TV-produced Running Wilde centers on Steve Wilde, a filthy-rich, immature playboy trying desperately to win (or buy) the heart of his childhood sweetheart and uber-liberal humanitarian (Keri Russell). On the series, Serafinowicz also joins regulars Stefania Owen and Jayne Houdyshell. Another regular role, that of Migo Salazar, is being recast. Serafinowicz, who has created and starred in two British series, Look Around You and The Peter Serafinowicz Show, is best known in the U.S. for his roles in Shaun of the Dead and Couples Retreat and for voicing Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I. Serafinowicz, who was cast as Paul McCartney in Robert Zemeckis’ 3D motion-capture remake of Yellow Submarine, is with UTA, Principato-Young and U.K’s Troika. Serafinowicz and Arnett’s relationship pre-dates Running Wilde. Here they are (plus their actress-wives Sarah Alexander and Amy Poehler) in a Funny or Die skit from last summer.
Peter Serafinowicz Joins 'Running Wilde'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Croisette Queen Nicole Kidman On Coming To The Fest With Four Films & The Runaway Success Of ‘Big Little Lies…
- Will ‘Underground’ Become Casualty Of Sinclair’s Tribune Takeover? Hopes For Acclaimed Drama Fade As…
- How ‘Search Party’ Broke All The Rules Of Television On Its Way To TBS Success – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Cavaliers’ Win Scores NBA Playoffs Ratings Victory, ‘Beat Shazam’ Solid
- NBC’s Lester Holt Wins May Sweep In Demo; ABC’s David Muir Dominates In Total Viewers
- ‘This Is Us’ Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers