Starz’s acquired big-budget miniseries The Pillars of the Earth got off to a respectable start by Starz standards. The first two hours of the 8-hour mini drew 423,000 viewers on Friday. Not a lot to compare the ratings performance to as Starz is just now making inroads in the event longform programming. But Pillars finished competitively to the premiere of Starz’s breakout series hit Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which broke the pay cable network’s debut ratings record when it pulled 553,000 viewers earlier this year. It did much better than Starz’s other scripted offerings: for example, now defunct scripted drama Crash averaged 185,000 for its second season premiere and the recently canceled comedy Party Down averaged 74,000 viewers for its finale. The Pillars opener attracted 267,000 more viewers on Encore, with the total viewership expected to hover over 1 million in cume/DVR/VOD viewership.
OK Start For Starz's 'Pillars Of The Earth'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- CBS, PBS Suspend Charlie Rose In Wake of Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Breckin Meyer Set To Recur In Season 2
- 21st Century Fox Implements Workplace Professionalism And Inclusion Council
- TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox’s Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
- Hollywood Christmas Parade Street Closures Set
- Donald Trump’s Justice Department Files Suit To Block AT&T-Time Warner Deal – Update