Starz’s acquired big-budget miniseries The Pillars of the Earth got off to a respectable start by Starz standards. The first two hours of the 8-hour mini drew 423,000 viewers on Friday. Not a lot to compare the ratings performance to as Starz is just now making inroads in the event longform programming. But Pillars finished competitively to the premiere of Starz’s breakout series hit Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which broke the pay cable network’s debut ratings record when it pulled 553,000 viewers earlier this year. It did much better than Starz’s other scripted offerings: for example, now defunct scripted drama Crash averaged 185,000 for its second season premiere and the recently canceled comedy Party Down averaged 74,000 viewers for its finale. The Pillars opener attracted 267,000 more viewers on Encore, with the total viewership expected to hover over 1 million in cume/DVR/VOD viewership.
OK Start For Starz's 'Pillars Of The Earth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Talks “Tunnel Technology” And Hillary Clinton As “Bigot” In Interview With…
- Marvin Kaplan Dies: ‘Alice’ & ‘Top Cat’ Actor Was 89
- Fox Director Fellows Chosen For Comedy & Drama Apprenticeship Programs
- Revolt CEO Keith T. Clinkscales Departs
- Eli Roth Bringing Killer Clowns To Halloween Horror Nights 2016; Digital Genre Anthology Series ‘Dark/Web’ Coming From…
- ‘Stranger Things’ Ranks High On List Of Netflix’s Most-Watched Shows