Starz’s acquired big-budget miniseries The Pillars of the Earth got off to a respectable start by Starz standards. The first two hours of the 8-hour mini drew 423,000 viewers on Friday. Not a lot to compare the ratings performance to as Starz is just now making inroads in the event longform programming. But Pillars finished competitively to the premiere of Starz’s breakout series hit Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which broke the pay cable network’s debut ratings record when it pulled 553,000 viewers earlier this year. It did much better than Starz’s other scripted offerings: for example, now defunct scripted drama Crash averaged 185,000 for its second season premiere and the recently canceled comedy Party Down averaged 74,000 viewers for its finale. The Pillars opener attracted 267,000 more viewers on Encore, with the total viewership expected to hover over 1 million in cume/DVR/VOD viewership.
OK Start For Starz's 'Pillars Of The Earth'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah Loves Anthony Scaramucci Since He Set Fire To Reince Priebus And Steve Bannon
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Gets Poster & New Promo
- Anthony Scaramucci Threatens To Fire Entire White House Comms Staff In Wild Interview, Then Regrets It – Update
- Ike Barinholtz On “Emotional” Phone Call With Mindy Kaling That Led To His Neck Injury Being Written Into ‘Mindy Project…
- Samuel L. Jackson To Star In ‘Old Man’ Drama Series From Jon Steinberg, Warren Littlefield & Fox 21…
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Cancels TCA Panel For Stuntman’s Funeral