Starz’s acquired big-budget miniseries The Pillars of the Earth got off to a respectable start by Starz standards. The first two hours of the 8-hour mini drew 423,000 viewers on Friday. Not a lot to compare the ratings performance to as Starz is just now making inroads in the event longform programming. But Pillars finished competitively to the premiere of Starz’s breakout series hit Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which broke the pay cable network’s debut ratings record when it pulled 553,000 viewers earlier this year. It did much better than Starz’s other scripted offerings: for example, now defunct scripted drama Crash averaged 185,000 for its second season premiere and the recently canceled comedy Party Down averaged 74,000 viewers for its finale. The Pillars opener attracted 267,000 more viewers on Encore, with the total viewership expected to hover over 1 million in cume/DVR/VOD viewership.
OK Start For Starz's 'Pillars Of The Earth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial