Starz’s acquired big-budget miniseries The Pillars of the Earth got off to a respectable start by Starz standards. The first two hours of the 8-hour mini drew 423,000 viewers on Friday. Not a lot to compare the ratings performance to as Starz is just now making inroads in the event longform programming. But Pillars finished competitively to the premiere of Starz’s breakout series hit Spartacus: Blood and Sand, which broke the pay cable network’s debut ratings record when it pulled 553,000 viewers earlier this year. It did much better than Starz’s other scripted offerings: for example, now defunct scripted drama Crash averaged 185,000 for its second season premiere and the recently canceled comedy Party Down averaged 74,000 viewers for its finale. The Pillars opener attracted 267,000 more viewers on Encore, with the total viewership expected to hover over 1 million in cume/DVR/VOD viewership.
OK Start For Starz's 'Pillars Of The Earth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Andreeva
- SAG Awards TV: Hourlong Series Sweep Drama & Comedy Races, Netflix Rises, Viola Davis Scores Freshman Win
- SAG Awards 2015 Live Blog
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Blake Shelton
- Oscar Nominee ‘Leviathan’ Upset At Russian Film Awards
- ‘Constantine’ & ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Tick Up In Ratings On Quiet Friday
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey’s Angel Drama ‘Unveiled’, Medical Drama ‘Heart Matters’ Get NBC Pilot…