EXCLUSIVE: I hear Nate Corddry has landed the co-lead opposite Kathy Bates on David E. Kelley’s new legal drama for NBC Harry’s Law. He replaces Ben Chaplin who co-starred in the pilot. The character has since been re-conceived. He is no longer British and is the son of Harriet (Bates), the curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer at the center of the show who, having just been fired from her cushy job, is completely disillusioned with her success and looking for a fresh start. Harry’s Law marks Corddry’s third consecutive project with NBC and Warner Bros. TV. He co-starred on Aaron Sorkin’s series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and headlined Larry Charles’ comedy pilot Our Show this past development season. Additionally, he co-starred on Showtime’s United States of Tara. Corddy had been in high demand after the upfronts. I heard he was also in the running for the lead opposite William Shatner on CBS’ new comedy $#*! My Dad Says.
Nate Corddry To Star In NBC's 'Harry's Law'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast