EXCLUSIVE: I hear Nate Corddry has landed the co-lead opposite Kathy Bates on David E. Kelley’s new legal drama for NBC Harry’s Law. He replaces Ben Chaplin who co-starred in the pilot. The character has since been re-conceived. He is no longer British and is the son of Harriet (Bates), the curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer at the center of the show who, having just been fired from her cushy job, is completely disillusioned with her success and looking for a fresh start. Harry’s Law marks Corddry’s third consecutive project with NBC and Warner Bros. TV. He co-starred on Aaron Sorkin’s series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and headlined Larry Charles’ comedy pilot Our Show this past development season. Additionally, he co-starred on Showtime’s United States of Tara. Corddy had been in high demand after the upfronts. I heard he was also in the running for the lead opposite William Shatner on CBS’ new comedy $#*! My Dad Says.
Nate Corddry To Star In NBC's 'Harry's Law'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Adapting Korean Geriatric Travel Reality Series With Craig Zadan, Neil Meron
- Netflix Nabs Rights To New Drama 'Gotham' In Precedent-Setting Deal
- ABC Buys Parents Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- Fox's 'Gang Related' Cancelled After Summer Run
- Ensemble Friends Comedy Produced By Jason Winer Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' For Third And Final Season