While his My Boys co-stars Jordana Spiro and Kyle Howard had to pull out of their regular roles on new NBC series Love Bites and Perfect Couples because of their commitment to the TBS comedy, Reid Scott quietly booked a heavily recurring role on Showtime’s upcoming dark comedy series The Big C. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Scott, repped by Gersh and Impression, plays Cathy’s oncologist Dr. Todd who has lots of training and intellect but lacks life or professional experience. Scott is doing The Big C with TBS’ blessing. What also helped him do the series while still under contract on My Boys is that his role on The Big C is technically recurring. Additionally, the smaller size of The Big C‘s order – 13 episodes – and its production schedule – it is now filming for an Aug. 16 premiere – would make Scott available in the unlikely event that My Boys is renewed for another season.
'My Boys' Co-Star Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers Joins ‘Of Kings and Prophets’ & Other ABC Pilot Castings
- Joy Bryant To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘The Advocate'; Coby Bell Also Cast
- Aimee Garcia Cast In CBS’ ‘Rush Hour’
- Chris Chalk Cast As Lucius Fox On ‘Gotham’
- Lauren Ambrose To Star In ABC’s ‘Broad Squad'; Michael Gaston, Others Also Cast
- Melanie Griffith To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot About Family With Genius Kids