While his My Boys co-stars Jordana Spiro and Kyle Howard had to pull out of their regular roles on new NBC series Love Bites and Perfect Couples because of their commitment to the TBS comedy, Reid Scott quietly booked a heavily recurring role on Showtime’s upcoming dark comedy series The Big C. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Scott, repped by Gersh and Impression, plays Cathy’s oncologist Dr. Todd who has lots of training and intellect but lacks life or professional experience. Scott is doing The Big C with TBS’ blessing. What also helped him do the series while still under contract on My Boys is that his role on The Big C is technically recurring. Additionally, the smaller size of The Big C‘s order – 13 episodes – and its production schedule – it is now filming for an Aug. 16 premiere – would make Scott available in the unlikely event that My Boys is renewed for another season.
'My Boys' Co-Star Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- AMC Networks Isn’t A Studio Yet, But It’s Getting There, CEO Says
- Conservative Activist James O’Keefe Releases Recordings Targeting CNN, During CPAC
- Steve Buscemi, Stanley Tucci & Wren Arthur’s Olive Productions Inks First Look Deal With Entertainment One
- ABC’s Shondaland Pilot Casts Wesam Keesh; Neil Brown Jr. Joins CBS’ Navy SEAL Drama
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In Seth Rogen’s FX AI Comedy Pilot; Ramona Young Joins ‘Thin Ice’
- Donald Trump Sits With ‘Fox & Friends’ Before Addressing Joint Session Of Congress