While his My Boys co-stars Jordana Spiro and Kyle Howard had to pull out of their regular roles on new NBC series Love Bites and Perfect Couples because of their commitment to the TBS comedy, Reid Scott quietly booked a heavily recurring role on Showtime’s upcoming dark comedy series The Big C. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Scott, repped by Gersh and Impression, plays Cathy’s oncologist Dr. Todd who has lots of training and intellect but lacks life or professional experience. Scott is doing The Big C with TBS’ blessing. What also helped him do the series while still under contract on My Boys is that his role on The Big C is technically recurring. Additionally, the smaller size of The Big C‘s order – 13 episodes – and its production schedule – it is now filming for an Aug. 16 premiere – would make Scott available in the unlikely event that My Boys is renewed for another season.
'My Boys' Co-Star Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah Explains Why Donald Trump Declined To Throw Out First Pitch On Opening Day
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Motivates Women
- Front Row Entertainment, KNCC & Ahmed Helmy’s Shadows Communications Teaming For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck…
- EOne’s ‘Cardinal’ Flies To Canal+; Sue Perkins To Host BAFTA TV Awards – Global Briefs
- ‘Prison Break’ EPs, Cast Talk Michael’s Revival & A Potential Sixth Season At PaleyLive
- ‘Legion’ EP Noah Hawley On Tonight’s Finale, Season 2 & Patrick Stewart