While his My Boys co-stars Jordana Spiro and Kyle Howard had to pull out of their regular roles on new NBC series Love Bites and Perfect Couples because of their commitment to the TBS comedy, Reid Scott quietly booked a heavily recurring role on Showtime’s upcoming dark comedy series The Big C. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Scott, repped by Gersh and Impression, plays Cathy’s oncologist Dr. Todd who has lots of training and intellect but lacks life or professional experience. Scott is doing The Big C with TBS’ blessing. What also helped him do the series while still under contract on My Boys is that his role on The Big C is technically recurring. Additionally, the smaller size of The Big C‘s order – 13 episodes – and its production schedule – it is now filming for an Aug. 16 premiere – would make Scott available in the unlikely event that My Boys is renewed for another season.
'My Boys' Co-Star Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- Colm Feore, Alex Kingston & Jacob Vargas Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot ‘Crushed’
- Samantha Bee’s ‘Full Frontal’ Premiere Seen By 2.2M Across Turner Networks
- ‘The White Queen’ Sequel ‘The White Princess’ Greenlighted By Starz
- ‘Vinyl’ Review: Martin Scorsese & Mick Jagger’s HBO Series Rocks
- BET Taps Brie Miranda Bryant As SVP Unscripted, Original Programming
- Glenn Fleshler Joins HBO’s Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’; Matt Barr In Amazon’s ‘The Interestings’