EXCLUSIVE: Rene Balcer, a 20-year veteran of the Law & Order franchise, has signed with UTA, the agency that also represents the franchise creator Dick Wolf. For the past 8-10 years, Balcer was at CAA. Balcer serves as executive producer/showrunner on the latest Law & Order spinoff, Law & Order: Los Angeles, which premieres on NBC this fall. Balcer has been with the Law & Order franchise since the beginning. He wrote an episode in the first season of the flagship Law & Order and joined the series in Season 2. He rose to executive producer before leaving in 2001 to executive produce and showrun spinoff L&O: Criminal Intent, which he developed with creator Wolf. Balcer was at L&O:CI for five seasons before returning to the mothership series in March 2007 as executive producer and head writer. He served as showrunner on the long-running drama for the past three seasons, until NBC canceled it in May.
UTA Signs 'L&O' Veteran Rene Balcer
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series