EXCLUSIVE: Rene Balcer, a 20-year veteran of the Law & Order franchise, has signed with UTA, the agency that also represents the franchise creator Dick Wolf. For the past 8-10 years, Balcer was at CAA. Balcer serves as executive producer/showrunner on the latest Law & Order spinoff, Law & Order: Los Angeles, which premieres on NBC this fall. Balcer has been with the Law & Order franchise since the beginning. He wrote an episode in the first season of the flagship Law & Order and joined the series in Season 2. He rose to executive producer before leaving in 2001 to executive produce and showrun spinoff L&O: Criminal Intent, which he developed with creator Wolf. Balcer was at L&O:CI for five seasons before returning to the mothership series in March 2007 as executive producer and head writer. He served as showrunner on the long-running drama for the past three seasons, until NBC canceled it in May.
UTA Signs 'L&O' Veteran Rene Balcer
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison