EXCLUSIVE: Rene Balcer, a 20-year veteran of the Law & Order franchise, has signed with UTA, the agency that also represents the franchise creator Dick Wolf. For the past 8-10 years, Balcer was at CAA. Balcer serves as executive producer/showrunner on the latest Law & Order spinoff, Law & Order: Los Angeles, which premieres on NBC this fall. Balcer has been with the Law & Order franchise since the beginning. He wrote an episode in the first season of the flagship Law & Order and joined the series in Season 2. He rose to executive producer before leaving in 2001 to executive produce and showrun spinoff L&O: Criminal Intent, which he developed with creator Wolf. Balcer was at L&O:CI for five seasons before returning to the mothership series in March 2007 as executive producer and head writer. He served as showrunner on the long-running drama for the past three seasons, until NBC canceled it in May.
UTA Signs 'L&O' Veteran Rene Balcer
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'