EXCLUSIVE: I hear Worst Week star Kyle Bornheimer is set to star in NBC’s new comedy series Perfect Couples. He is replacing Kyle Howard, who was cast in the pilot in second position to the TBS comedy series My Boys. Potential scheduling conflict in case the TBS show, whose new season premieres later this month, is renewed, prompted NBC to recast the role. The in-demand Bornheimer himself was cast in a pilot in second position earlier this year. He starred in the untitled Bays/Thomas comedy at CBS while on ABC’s midseason comedy series Romantically Challenged. Perfect Couples revolves around 3 couples as they struggle to find out what makes the ideal relationship – and how to maintain it through humorous trial-and-error. Dave (Bornheimer) and Julia (Christine Woods) are the relatable, normal couple, but Julia’s hope of remaining the cool, low-maintenance chick is tested by Dave’s attempts to keep both his wife and his needy best friend Vance (David Walton) equally happy. Co-starring in the series, from Jon Pollack, Scott Silveri and UMS, are Mary Elizabeth Ellis, Hayes MacArthur and Olivia Munn. Perfect Couples reunites Bornheimer with UMS, the studio behind the CBS comedy Worst Week that gave him his big break. He is with CAA and Flutie.
Kyle Bornheimer To Star in NBC's 'Couples'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Blumhouse Developing Son Of Sam Miniseries With Fox TV Studios
- John Stamos To Star In ABC Drama Series 'Members Only' And Topline & Produce Dan Fogelman Comedy For ABC Studios
- Adam Levine To Produce Autobiographical 1990s Family Comedy For NBC
- Ted Gold Joins Spike TV As Head Of Scripted Series
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan