EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search, I hear Jonathan Sadowski has landed the young lead opposite William Shatner in CBS’ upcoming comedy series $#*! My Dad Says. The project, based on the popular Twitter feed by Justin Halpern, stars Shatner as Ed Goodson, a forthright and opinionated dad who relishes expressing his unsolicited and often wildly politically incorrect observations to his son Henry (Sadowski), a struggling writer-turned-unpaid blogger. Sadowski replaces Ryan Devlin, who played the role in the pilot. The network opted to recast the role when it picked the pilot to series in May. Co-starring on the Warner Bros. TV-produced series, executive produced by David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, are Will Sasso as Henry’s brother the meek half of his husband/wife real estate duo with domineering Kathleen (Nicole Sullivan). Sadowski, repped by WME and manager Susan Yoo, most recently starred on the NBC/WBTV comedy pilot Our Show. The pilot’s other star, Nate Corddry, just landed a big lead on another upcoming series that had been recast, NBC’s Harry’s Law. $#*! My Dad Says is not doing a panel at Comic-Con but Shatner will sign autographs at the Warner Bros. booth on Friday.
Jonathan Sadowski To Star In CBS' '$#*!'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'