EXCLUSIVE: Jeff Filgo and Jackie Filgo have left ABC’s comedy hopeful Awkward Situations For Men. The hybrid comedy starring popular British humorist/on-air personality Danny Wallace is one of 3 pilots from this past development season ABC is making new pilots for, along with How To Be a Better American and Wright vs. Wrong. That ’70s Show veterans Jeff & Jackie Filgo wrote the original pilot with Wallace and served as executive producers/showrunners. Warner Bros. TV, which produces the project, will presumably bring in a new showrunner to replace them for the reworked pilot. Inspired by Wallace’s book Awkward Situations for Men, the ABC project follows him as he moves to the U.S. with his wife, only to discover that his everyday behavior clashes with American values and gets him into trouble. WBTV recently extended the options on Wallace and his co-stars on the show Tony Hale and Laura Prepon.
Jeff & Jackie Filgo Exit 'Awkward Situations'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Women’: Angela Lansbury In Talks For Miniseries Adaptation At BBC & PBS
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: First-Look Photo Of Peter Dinklage As Hervé Villechaize In HBO Movie
- Limited Series In Works Based On New Evidence Of Clutter Family Murders, Basis For Capote Bestseller ‘In Cold Blood…
- ‘Casual’ Creator Zander Lehmann On Season 3 Character Developments In Series Run By Three Showrunners
- George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ Gets Syfy Pilot Order, Hypnotic & UCP Produce