So, just as I reported, author Janet Evanovich’s agent/son Peter is shopping a new book deal after St. Martin’s Press turned down a $50 million, 4-book extension. (St. Martin’s Losing Biggest Fiction Author) I’m told the deal is being shopped to other publishers. The ask is still $50 million, or $12.5 million per book. But there is skepticism that another publisher will ante up, and Evanovich might get her best deal by not leaving St Martin’s “family” fold where she has spent the last 15 years. Beyond the fact Evanovich has history with all but two major publishers, the biggest hurdle comes down to accounting. I’m told that such a front-loaded deal puts all the risk on the new books, and the publisher doesn’t have the benefit of writing off losers against backlist books that remain at St. Martin’s Press.
Janet Evanovich Shopping New Book Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…