Janet Evanovich, the bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series, is moving from St. Martin’s Press to a new 4-book deal for world rights at the Random House Publishing Group. The first title will be published next year under the Ballantine Bantam Dell imprint. Deadline revealed that despite being St. Martin’s biggest fiction author, Evanovich and her agent/son Peter got turned down by the publisher when they asked $50 million for four more books. Interestingly, Evanovich started her book career at Bantam, part of RHPG. Peter Evanovich shopped the deal hard last week. I’m not sure how close he got to that magic $50 million number…
Janet Evanovich Makes New Deal At RH
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter