Janet Evanovich, the bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series, is moving from St. Martin’s Press to a new 4-book deal for world rights at the Random House Publishing Group. The first title will be published next year under the Ballantine Bantam Dell imprint. Deadline revealed that despite being St. Martin’s biggest fiction author, Evanovich and her agent/son Peter got turned down by the publisher when they asked $50 million for four more books. Interestingly, Evanovich started her book career at Bantam, part of RHPG. Peter Evanovich shopped the deal hard last week. I’m not sure how close he got to that magic $50 million number…
Janet Evanovich Makes New Deal At RH
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Fleming Jr
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script
- Steve Jobs Film Moving From Sony; Will Universal Make The Movie?
- Melissa McCarthy, Shawn Levy Teaming On Tinker Bell Pic
- 'Pirates' Scribe Tapped To Fit Steve McQueen Treasure Hunt Tale 'Yucatan' For Robert Downey Jr