Janet Evanovich, the bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series, is moving from St. Martin’s Press to a new 4-book deal for world rights at the Random House Publishing Group. The first title will be published next year under the Ballantine Bantam Dell imprint. Deadline revealed that despite being St. Martin’s biggest fiction author, Evanovich and her agent/son Peter got turned down by the publisher when they asked $50 million for four more books. Interestingly, Evanovich started her book career at Bantam, part of RHPG. Peter Evanovich shopped the deal hard last week. I’m not sure how close he got to that magic $50 million number…
Janet Evanovich Makes New Deal At RH
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'