TNT has landed the TV rights to Chris Nolan’s blockbuster Inception in a deal between parent company Turner and corporate sibling Warner Bros. that includes several other WB titles: romantic comedies Sex And the City 2 and Valentine’s Day, action flicks Clash of the Titans and Jonah Hex and the upcoming Robert Downey Jr./Zach Galifianakis comedy Due Date. Inception, Clash of the Titans and Jonah Hex are headed to drama-focused TNT, while the 3 comedies, Sex and the City, Valentine’s Day and Due Date will run on comedy-centered sister network TBS. All are expected to premiere between mid-2012 and early 2013. The licensee fee is believed to be in the standard 10-12% range of the movies’ domestic box-office, depending on their performance. Inception, which is poised to cross the $100 million mark tomorrow morning, would certainly command a premium license fee of 12% and could go as high as $24 million if the thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio crosses the $200 million mark domestically. The deal for Inception comes on the heels of FX’s acquisition of another hot summer action newcomer, the upcoming Angelina Jolie starrer Salt.
'Inception,' 'Titans' Headed To TNT
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date