Roland Joffe is back the volatile political terrain he covered in films like The Mission and The Killing Fields. It’s There Be Dragons. Producer Ignacio Sancha said the film takes place during the Spanish Civil War. A journalist who looks back on the volatile conflict uncovers his father’s violent role. Joffe helped finance the film, and he and Sancha (who used his banking background) raised the funding to cover the budget, as well as P&A for a spring 2011 release. They are in talks with distributors right now.
Hot Trailer: Roland Joffe's 'There Be Dragons'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’