This is that Roger Corman and Syfy Channel’s schlockfest — a Navy-engineered killing machine that’s a shark in a dress made of tentacles — I told you about earlier this year. It capitalizes on the straight-to-video pic Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus on Yahoo’s Top 10 most viewed trailers of 2009. So Karen O’Hara, Syfy’s boss of original movies, announced via Twitter a greenlight for the long gestating Sharktopus! Love that Corman, who’s already made Supergator, Dinocroc, and Dinoshark, has given the pic a fab Beach Blanket Bingo vibe. (In answer to your queries, that theme song was done by director Declan O’Brien’s two nieces and their band, the Cheetah Whores):
Hot, Hot, Hot Video: It's 'Sharktopus!'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring