This is that Roger Corman and Syfy Channel’s schlockfest — a Navy-engineered killing machine that’s a shark in a dress made of tentacles — I told you about earlier this year. It capitalizes on the straight-to-video pic Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus on Yahoo’s Top 10 most viewed trailers of 2009. So Karen O’Hara, Syfy’s boss of original movies, announced via Twitter a greenlight for the long gestating Sharktopus! Love that Corman, who’s already made Supergator, Dinocroc, and Dinoshark, has given the pic a fab Beach Blanket Bingo vibe. (In answer to your queries, that theme song was done by director Declan O’Brien’s two nieces and their band, the Cheetah Whores):
Hot, Hot, Hot Video: It's 'Sharktopus!'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS