This is that Roger Corman and Syfy Channel’s schlockfest — a Navy-engineered killing machine that’s a shark in a dress made of tentacles — I told you about earlier this year. It capitalizes on the straight-to-video pic Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus on Yahoo’s Top 10 most viewed trailers of 2009. So Karen O’Hara, Syfy’s boss of original movies, announced via Twitter a greenlight for the long gestating Sharktopus! Love that Corman, who’s already made Supergator, Dinocroc, and Dinoshark, has given the pic a fab Beach Blanket Bingo vibe. (In answer to your queries, that theme song was done by director Declan O’Brien’s two nieces and their band, the Cheetah Whores):
Hot, Hot, Hot Video: It's 'Sharktopus!'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words