Bedbugs have run rampant in New York City offices this summer (Bedbugs In CBS’ NY Offices), and Grand Central Publishing is the latest haunt to catch the bug. The publisher, whose Park Avenue offices near Grand Central Station are home to such bestselling authors as James Patterson, David Baldacci , Nelson DeMille and Nicholas Sparks, let staff know about the problem yesterday, and gave staffers the option of working from home today. There’s a corporate outing tomorrow that will keep the troops out of the office, and nobody works hard in the publishing industry on Fridays during the summer, anyway. The plan is to eradicate the critters and have the place back to normal Monday morning. A spokesperson said there is no infestation, but the decision was made to treat the problem chemically on Thursday, before it becomes a real problem. The bedbugs have found their way to hotels, agencies, and such places as satellite offices at CBS. These are nasty little critters that feed on human blood, and while vampire books continue to be the rage in publishing, this is taking things too far.
Grand Central Books Exterminators To Tackle Bedbug Problem
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
'Celebrity Big Brother': Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been "Exceptional"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014
- LeBron James Speaks Out On “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments