There had been a lot of buzz surrounding a new character that will be introduced on Fox’s Glee next season, a new member of the New Directions glee club at the center of the show. After a several rounds of testing a large pool of newcomers, Chord Overstreet was just cast in the recurring role of Sam, a McKinley high school athlete who starts off as Finn (Cory Monteith)’s protégé but becomes his competition. Overstreet will make his debut in the season premiere episode of Glee on Sept. 21. Other notable guest stars on Glee‘s sophomore season include singer Charice, who comes to McKinley as an exchange student and becomes a formidable rival to one of the glee club’s stars; and John Stamos, who plays a dentist and potential love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). Glee recently landed 19 Emmy nominations for its freshman season, more than any other seres. Overstreet has only a handful of credits, including a guest spot on iCarly.
'Glee' Taps Newcomer For New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
'Celebrity Big Brother': Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been "Exceptional"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014
- LeBron James Speaks Out On “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments