There had been a lot of buzz surrounding a new character that will be introduced on Fox’s Glee next season, a new member of the New Directions glee club at the center of the show. After a several rounds of testing a large pool of newcomers, Chord Overstreet was just cast in the recurring role of Sam, a McKinley high school athlete who starts off as Finn (Cory Monteith)’s protégé but becomes his competition. Overstreet will make his debut in the season premiere episode of Glee on Sept. 21. Other notable guest stars on Glee‘s sophomore season include singer Charice, who comes to McKinley as an exchange student and becomes a formidable rival to one of the glee club’s stars; and John Stamos, who plays a dentist and potential love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). Glee recently landed 19 Emmy nominations for its freshman season, more than any other seres. Overstreet has only a handful of credits, including a guest spot on iCarly.
'Glee' Taps Newcomer For New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres