There had been a lot of buzz surrounding a new character that will be introduced on Fox’s Glee next season, a new member of the New Directions glee club at the center of the show. After a several rounds of testing a large pool of newcomers, Chord Overstreet was just cast in the recurring role of Sam, a McKinley high school athlete who starts off as Finn (Cory Monteith)’s protégé but becomes his competition. Overstreet will make his debut in the season premiere episode of Glee on Sept. 21. Other notable guest stars on Glee‘s sophomore season include singer Charice, who comes to McKinley as an exchange student and becomes a formidable rival to one of the glee club’s stars; and John Stamos, who plays a dentist and potential love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). Glee recently landed 19 Emmy nominations for its freshman season, more than any other seres. Overstreet has only a handful of credits, including a guest spot on iCarly.
'Glee' Taps Newcomer For New Role
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup