There had been a lot of buzz surrounding a new character that will be introduced on Fox’s Glee next season, a new member of the New Directions glee club at the center of the show. After a several rounds of testing a large pool of newcomers, Chord Overstreet was just cast in the recurring role of Sam, a McKinley high school athlete who starts off as Finn (Cory Monteith)’s protégé but becomes his competition. Overstreet will make his debut in the season premiere episode of Glee on Sept. 21. Other notable guest stars on Glee‘s sophomore season include singer Charice, who comes to McKinley as an exchange student and becomes a formidable rival to one of the glee club’s stars; and John Stamos, who plays a dentist and potential love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). Glee recently landed 19 Emmy nominations for its freshman season, more than any other seres. Overstreet has only a handful of credits, including a guest spot on iCarly.
'Glee' Taps Newcomer For New Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce