There had been a lot of buzz surrounding a new character that will be introduced on Fox’s Glee next season, a new member of the New Directions glee club at the center of the show. After a several rounds of testing a large pool of newcomers, Chord Overstreet was just cast in the recurring role of Sam, a McKinley high school athlete who starts off as Finn (Cory Monteith)’s protégé but becomes his competition. Overstreet will make his debut in the season premiere episode of Glee on Sept. 21. Other notable guest stars on Glee‘s sophomore season include singer Charice, who comes to McKinley as an exchange student and becomes a formidable rival to one of the glee club’s stars; and John Stamos, who plays a dentist and potential love interest for Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays). Glee recently landed 19 Emmy nominations for its freshman season, more than any other seres. Overstreet has only a handful of credits, including a guest spot on iCarly.
'Glee' Taps Newcomer For New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate