EXCLUSIVE: Gael Garcia Bernal, the Mexican-born star of Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros, is going far from home for his next job. He’ll star with Hani Furstenberg in The Loneliest Planet, an independently financed thriller that will be directed by Julia Loktev. Shooting begins July 26 in the Republic of Georgia. Loktev’s script was inspired by a Tom Bissell short story. A young couple backpacks through the Caucasus Mountains in the Republic of Georgia. When they hire a local guide to make through the isolated wilderness, their relationship is tested in ways they never anticipated. Loktev directed Day Night Day Night, Bernal will next be seen starring with Kate Hudson and Kathy Bates in Earthbound, and Furstenberg is a stage and film actress in Israel. The film’s a co-production between Parts and Labor, Flying Moon and Wild Invention, and international sales are being handled by The Match Factory.
Gael Garcia Bernal Orbits 'Loneliest Planet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era