EXCLUSIVE: Gael Garcia Bernal, the Mexican-born star of Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros, is going far from home for his next job. He’ll star with Hani Furstenberg in The Loneliest Planet, an independently financed thriller that will be directed by Julia Loktev. Shooting begins July 26 in the Republic of Georgia. Loktev’s script was inspired by a Tom Bissell short story. A young couple backpacks through the Caucasus Mountains in the Republic of Georgia. When they hire a local guide to make through the isolated wilderness, their relationship is tested in ways they never anticipated. Loktev directed Day Night Day Night, Bernal will next be seen starring with Kate Hudson and Kathy Bates in Earthbound, and Furstenberg is a stage and film actress in Israel. The film’s a co-production between Parts and Labor, Flying Moon and Wild Invention, and international sales are being handled by The Match Factory.
Gael Garcia Bernal Orbits 'Loneliest Planet'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Fox Buys Legal Family Dramedy From ‘Guilt’ Creators & Lionsgate With Penalty
- ‘Me, Myself & I’, ‘Ghosted’ & ‘The Mayor’ Review: One Winner In Trio Of Comedies
- ‘Waco’: First Look At Taylor Kitsch As David Koresh In Paramount Network Series
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Susan Collins For “No” Vote On Test-Failing Healthcare Bill
- NBC Nabs ‘Bellevue’ Medical Drama From David Schulner & Peter Horton As Put Pilot
- ‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Harry Hamlin Set To Recur In NBC Series