FX has acquired the TV rights of Salt, Sony Pictures’ upcoming action feature starring Angelina Jolie. With great reviews and promising early tracking, the Phillip Noyce-directed Salt is posed for a big opening weekend when it is released on Friday. The license fee FX would be paying for the movie is tied to its boxoffice performance and could be as much as 12% of Salt‘s domestic box-office tally if the the movie reaches a blockbuster status as expected. At FX, Salt will premiere in late 2012 along with other recent action film acquisitions by the cable network, including The Karate Kid, also from Sony, Iron Man 2 and Knight and Day, the movie Tom Cruise chose to do after exiting Salt, a move that promted the gender change of the lead for Jolie.
FX Acquires Angelina Jolie Starrer 'Salt'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Michael Bloomberg Calls Donald Trump “Dangerous Demagogue”, Questions His Sanity & Competency At DNC
- Fiery Joe Biden Touts Top Dems, Roasts “Clueless” Donald Trump & Stokes American Pride At DNC
- Broadway Stars Belt Out ‘What The World Needs Now Is Love’ At DNC
- ‘Black Mirror’ Reflects On Technology And The Modern World, But Not David Cameron, Creators Say – TCA
- Donald Trump’s Reddit AMA Sees “Lock Her Up” Chant Online Amidst Internet Issues & Praise Of New Media
- ‘Empire’s Lee Daniels Tells DNC That 2016 Is “Most Important Election Of Our Lifetime”, Advocates…