FX has acquired the TV rights of Salt, Sony Pictures’ upcoming action feature starring Angelina Jolie. With great reviews and promising early tracking, the Phillip Noyce-directed Salt is posed for a big opening weekend when it is released on Friday. The license fee FX would be paying for the movie is tied to its boxoffice performance and could be as much as 12% of Salt‘s domestic box-office tally if the the movie reaches a blockbuster status as expected. At FX, Salt will premiere in late 2012 along with other recent action film acquisitions by the cable network, including The Karate Kid, also from Sony, Iron Man 2 and Knight and Day, the movie Tom Cruise chose to do after exiting Salt, a move that promted the gender change of the lead for Jolie.
FX Acquires Angelina Jolie Starrer 'Salt'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- Warriors-Thunder Game 7 Is Cable’s Most Watched NBA Telecast Ever With 16M Viewers On TNT
- ‘The Shield’ Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Second-Degree Murder
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller In Plea Deal Talks For $5M Fraud Case; Seeks Another Delay From Judge
- Donald Trump Calls ABC Reporter “A Sleaze” During News Conference About Veterans Fundraiser