FX has acquired the TV rights of Salt, Sony Pictures’ upcoming action feature starring Angelina Jolie. With great reviews and promising early tracking, the Phillip Noyce-directed Salt is posed for a big opening weekend when it is released on Friday. The license fee FX would be paying for the movie is tied to its boxoffice performance and could be as much as 12% of Salt‘s domestic box-office tally if the the movie reaches a blockbuster status as expected. At FX, Salt will premiere in late 2012 along with other recent action film acquisitions by the cable network, including The Karate Kid, also from Sony, Iron Man 2 and Knight and Day, the movie Tom Cruise chose to do after exiting Salt, a move that promted the gender change of the lead for Jolie.
FX Acquires Angelina Jolie Starrer 'Salt'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'