I hear Fox’s action drama Human Target is adding a female lead for Season 2 and has cast British actress Indira Varma for it. The series, based on the DC Comic about unorthodox bodyguard Christopher Chance (Mark Valley), stood out in its first season with an all-male regular cast of 3, Valley, Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley, probably the smallest core cast I’ve seen on a drama series in a long time. Now the show is adding a fourth regular, Varma. She will play Ilsa, a sophisticated, sexy, driven and witty widow, a female Christopher Chance who doesn’t take any nonsense from anyone. Soon, she will be in charge of the team of security experts. Varma, who has a long list of series credits in the U.K., co-starred on HBO/BBC’s Rome and CBS’ short-lived medical drama 3 Lbs. She also played the lead in Shonda Rhimes’ 2009 drama pilot for ABC Inside the Box.
Fox's 'Human Target' Taps Female Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'