Cineflix, producer of non-fiction programming, is launching a scripted division, Cineflix Studios, and has tapped former AMC top scripted executive Christina Wayne as president. Wayne had been off the radar since she resigned from AMC a year and a half ago after overseeing development of the channel’s breakout first scripted projects, miniseries Broken Trail and series Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Based in New York office, Wayne will be responsible for overseeing Cineflix’s push into scripted programming in the USA, the UK and Canada. Cineflix Studios plans to develop, produce, finance and distribute in-house scripted programming, while also coming on board as a lay-off studio for material developed externally. Projects currently in development include one-hour dramas, half-hour comedies, and live action and animated children’s programming.
Former AMC Executive Christina Wayne Back As President Of Cineflix Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature