Cineflix, producer of non-fiction programming, is launching a scripted division, Cineflix Studios, and has tapped former AMC top scripted executive Christina Wayne as president. Wayne had been off the radar since she resigned from AMC a year and a half ago after overseeing development of the channel’s breakout first scripted projects, miniseries Broken Trail and series Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Based in New York office, Wayne will be responsible for overseeing Cineflix’s push into scripted programming in the USA, the UK and Canada. Cineflix Studios plans to develop, produce, finance and distribute in-house scripted programming, while also coming on board as a lay-off studio for material developed externally. Projects currently in development include one-hour dramas, half-hour comedies, and live action and animated children’s programming.
Former AMC Executive Christina Wayne Back As President Of Cineflix Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?