Cineflix, producer of non-fiction programming, is launching a scripted division, Cineflix Studios, and has tapped former AMC top scripted executive Christina Wayne as president. Wayne had been off the radar since she resigned from AMC a year and a half ago after overseeing development of the channel’s breakout first scripted projects, miniseries Broken Trail and series Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Based in New York office, Wayne will be responsible for overseeing Cineflix’s push into scripted programming in the USA, the UK and Canada. Cineflix Studios plans to develop, produce, finance and distribute in-house scripted programming, while also coming on board as a lay-off studio for material developed externally. Projects currently in development include one-hour dramas, half-hour comedies, and live action and animated children’s programming.
Former AMC Executive Christina Wayne Back As President Of Cineflix Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate