Cineflix, producer of non-fiction programming, is launching a scripted division, Cineflix Studios, and has tapped former AMC top scripted executive Christina Wayne as president. Wayne had been off the radar since she resigned from AMC a year and a half ago after overseeing development of the channel’s breakout first scripted projects, miniseries Broken Trail and series Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Based in New York office, Wayne will be responsible for overseeing Cineflix’s push into scripted programming in the USA, the UK and Canada. Cineflix Studios plans to develop, produce, finance and distribute in-house scripted programming, while also coming on board as a lay-off studio for material developed externally. Projects currently in development include one-hour dramas, half-hour comedies, and live action and animated children’s programming.
Former AMC Executive Christina Wayne Back As President Of Cineflix Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup