Cineflix, producer of non-fiction programming, is launching a scripted division, Cineflix Studios, and has tapped former AMC top scripted executive Christina Wayne as president. Wayne had been off the radar since she resigned from AMC a year and a half ago after overseeing development of the channel’s breakout first scripted projects, miniseries Broken Trail and series Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Based in New York office, Wayne will be responsible for overseeing Cineflix’s push into scripted programming in the USA, the UK and Canada. Cineflix Studios plans to develop, produce, finance and distribute in-house scripted programming, while also coming on board as a lay-off studio for material developed externally. Projects currently in development include one-hour dramas, half-hour comedies, and live action and animated children’s programming.
Former AMC Executive Christina Wayne Back As President Of Cineflix Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'