The Film Society of Lincoln Center has appointed Rose Kuo to be executive director. She replaces Mara Manus, who held the post for the last two years. The Film Society runs the New York Film Festival, which this fall kicks off by premiering the David Fincher-directed The Social Network. Among her new duties, Kuo will oversee the opening of the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, which ads two screens to Lincoln Center in 2011. Kuo has a varied resume. She produced and directed California AIDS Ride ’94, was exec producer of the Sundance winner The Fluffer, and she was a camera assistant to DP Haskell Wexler and assistant to film editor Thelma Schoonmaker.
Lincoln Center Names Film Exec Director
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme