The Film Society of Lincoln Center has appointed Rose Kuo to be executive director. She replaces Mara Manus, who held the post for the last two years. The Film Society runs the New York Film Festival, which this fall kicks off by premiering the David Fincher-directed The Social Network. Among her new duties, Kuo will oversee the opening of the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, which ads two screens to Lincoln Center in 2011. Kuo has a varied resume. She produced and directed California AIDS Ride ’94, was exec producer of the Sundance winner The Fluffer, and she was a camera assistant to DP Haskell Wexler and assistant to film editor Thelma Schoonmaker.
Lincoln Center Names Film Exec Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years