Even though Ed O’Neill is the patriarch of TV’s hottest show Modern Family, Emmy nominators today treated him like his Married…With Children lovable loser character Al Bundy. I told you in April that O’Neill made a magnanimous gesture by submitting himself in the Supporting Actor category even though he could have gone for Lead Actor for a sitcom that was built around him. (‘Modern Family’ Cast Will All Compete For Supporting Emmys After Ed O’Neill Gesture) O’Neill did it because he felt the show had evolved into a true ensemble, and the rest of the cast followed suit. So of course, O’Neill was the only adult cast member to not get nominated. Still a classy move on his part, I say. But next year, it would be better to divvy up categories because the whole cast is so good.
Emmy Voters Give 'Modern Family's Ed O'Neill The Al Bundy Treatment
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'