Even though Ed O’Neill is the patriarch of TV’s hottest show Modern Family, Emmy nominators today treated him like his Married…With Children lovable loser character Al Bundy. I told you in April that O’Neill made a magnanimous gesture by submitting himself in the Supporting Actor category even though he could have gone for Lead Actor for a sitcom that was built around him. (‘Modern Family’ Cast Will All Compete For Supporting Emmys After Ed O’Neill Gesture) O’Neill did it because he felt the show had evolved into a true ensemble, and the rest of the cast followed suit. So of course, O’Neill was the only adult cast member to not get nominated. Still a classy move on his part, I say. But next year, it would be better to divvy up categories because the whole cast is so good.
Emmy Voters Give 'Modern Family's Ed O'Neill The Al Bundy Treatment
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Donald Trump Blames TV For Lack Of Video Showing NJ Muslims Celebrating World Trade Center Collapse