Even though Ed O’Neill is the patriarch of TV’s hottest show Modern Family, Emmy nominators today treated him like his Married…With Children lovable loser character Al Bundy. I told you in April that O’Neill made a magnanimous gesture by submitting himself in the Supporting Actor category even though he could have gone for Lead Actor for a sitcom that was built around him. (‘Modern Family’ Cast Will All Compete For Supporting Emmys After Ed O’Neill Gesture) O’Neill did it because he felt the show had evolved into a true ensemble, and the rest of the cast followed suit. So of course, O’Neill was the only adult cast member to not get nominated. Still a classy move on his part, I say. But next year, it would be better to divvy up categories because the whole cast is so good.
Emmy Voters Give 'Modern Family's Ed O'Neill The Al Bundy Treatment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”