Even though Ed O’Neill is the patriarch of TV’s hottest show Modern Family, Emmy nominators today treated him like his Married…With Children lovable loser character Al Bundy. I told you in April that O’Neill made a magnanimous gesture by submitting himself in the Supporting Actor category even though he could have gone for Lead Actor for a sitcom that was built around him. (‘Modern Family’ Cast Will All Compete For Supporting Emmys After Ed O’Neill Gesture) O’Neill did it because he felt the show had evolved into a true ensemble, and the rest of the cast followed suit. So of course, O’Neill was the only adult cast member to not get nominated. Still a classy move on his part, I say. But next year, it would be better to divvy up categories because the whole cast is so good.
Emmy Voters Give 'Modern Family's Ed O'Neill The Al Bundy Treatment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago