Mortimer, who appeared in Shutter Island, and Stuhlbarg, who co-stars in Boardwalk Empire, have become the latest cast additions to Scorsese’s 3D children’s movie. Hugo Cabret began shooting in London last month. Ben Kingsley, Sacha Baron Cohen, Asa Butterfield and Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass) star. Rounding out the cast are Jude law, Ray Winstone, Christopher Lee, Richard Griffiths (The History Boys) and Frances de la Tour (Alice in Wonderland). Hugo Cabret, the story of an orphan who solves the mystery of a broken robot, is something of a family reunion for Scorsese. John Logan, who wrote The Aviator, has written the script. And Graham King of GK Films is producing alongside Scorsese, Tim Headington and Johnny Depp. DP Robert Richardson, production designer Dante Ferretti, costume designer Sandy Powell and editor Thelma Schoonmaker all worked on Shutter Island. Cabret represents Scorsese’s first foray into 3D.
Emily Mortimer and Michael Stuhlbarg Reunite With Scorsese for 'Hugo Cabret'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon’s Morgan Wandell Joins Apple As Head Of International TV Development
- Fox News Channel Apologizes For Debunked Veteran Story
- Jane Lynch Daytime Show In Works At Telepictures
- Fox Buys Single Mom Comedy From Claudia Lonow Rapaport & Hazy Mills
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- ‘Mayans MC’: Raoul Trujillo Cast In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff Pilot